Old February 24th 10, 11:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default teacup

I'm on a "via Victoria" (anticlockwise) circle train that started from
Edgware road on platform 2, which necessitated crossing from the other
island where the westbound Hammersmith train (albeit a Metropolitan) had
arrived at platform 4.

To achieve a cross-platform change I would have had to wait until a
District Line train reversed in platform 3 (there was none present at
the time). And then changed again if I really wanted the Circle.

Old February 24th 10, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 19:01:29 on
Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Paul Scott remarked:

Sorry Colin, but what is there to not believe?

All Roland has described is the standard platforming, as discussed here in
u.t.l many times previously, and EXACTLY as described in last October's TfL
leaflet...

I was under the impression that it would be possible to change without
climbing the stairs. But this is clearly not implemented westbound.

Old February 24th 10, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Wed, 24 Feb
2010 19:05:57 in uk.transport.london, Paul Corfield
writes
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:21:05 -0600,
wrote:

In article ,
(Roland
Perry) wrote:

I'm on a "via Victoria" (anticlockwise) circle train that started
from Edgware road on platform 2, which necessitated crossing from
the other island where the westbound Hammersmith train (albeit a
Metropolitan) had arrived at platform 4.

To achieve a cross-platform change I would have had to wait until a
District Line train reversed in platform 3 (there was none present
at the time). And then changed again if I really wanted the Circle.

Now do people believe me?

Colin I don't think anyone has not believed you. We just don't see
platforming at Edgware Rd and the split Circle Line as being the end of
civilisation as we know it.

Closer to that was an ERD incident at about 8.15 2010/02/24.
I arrived on a District on platform 3 and took stairs to platform 1
where a fairly packed Barking waited. After a couple of minutes, an
inaudible driver PA was given. I spoke to the driver who was waiting for
a relieving driver. A fairly packed Circle arrived on platform 2.
Transfer to this was suggested, but it could not take the stress. The
relieving driver arrived and many returned to the Barking train which
left first. Circle line trains occasionally go east from platform 2.

What sort of incident investigation would this stimulate?
My experience of ERD is that driver availability delays are common.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old February 24th 10, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
I'm on a "via Victoria" (anticlockwise) circle train that started from
Edgware road on platform 2, which necessitated crossing from the other
island where the westbound Hammersmith train (albeit a Metropolitan)
had arrived at platform 4.

???

The Metropolitan hasn't run to Edgware Road for nearly twenty years, before
the H&C was so christened!

Old February 25th 10, 01:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote on 24 February 2010 21:05:20 ...
In message , at 19:01:29 on
Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Paul Scott remarked:
Sorry Colin, but what is there to not believe?

All Roland has described is the standard platforming, as discussed here in
u.t.l many times previously, and EXACTLY as described in last October's TfL
leaflet...

I was under the impression that it would be possible to change without
climbing the stairs. But this is clearly not implemented westbound.

Yes it is. There is cross-platform interchange to a District train to
Wimbledon via High Street Kensington. I realise that if you wanted to
go further round the Circle, you'd also have to alight at HSK and wait
on the same platform there.

What were the origin and destination of your journey? It is relevant to
this discussion.
--
Richard J.