Old November 9th 09, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Publicity about Circle Line going Teacup

Revised maps etc. at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/13280.aspx

Changing at Edgware Road made to seem like a piece of cake in the
blurb.

--
gordon

Old November 9th 09, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

" wrote in news:65818090-7bfc-4c42-
:

Revised maps etc. at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/13280.aspx

Changing at Edgware Road made to seem like a piece of cake in the
blurb.

--
gordon

No change at Edgware Road required.

Journey planner's first two suggestions for a journey from Earl's Court to
Kings Cross at 19:58 on 17th December having selected no stairs, no
escalators are both District line to Gloucester Road then Circle line via
High Street Kensington...

David

Old November 9th 09, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:33:33 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Revised maps etc. at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/13280.aspx

Changing at Edgware Road made to seem like a piece of cake in the
blurb.

If the train destination blind shows Edgware Road, and you want to og
East, get on it but be prepared to get off if it changes to
Hammersmith.

If the blind show Hammersmith toss a coin to decide whether or not to
join the train.. If you then find yourself at the wrong Paddington
station improve your health by taking a long walk to the other staion.
(I hope this an official out-station interchange?)
--
Peter Lawrence
Old November 9th 09, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Lawrence" wrote
If the train destination blind shows Edgware Road, and you want to og
East, get on it but be prepared to get off if it changes to
Hammersmith.

If the blind show Hammersmith toss a coin to decide whether or not to
join the train.. If you then find yourself at the wrong Paddington
station improve your health by taking a long walk to the other staion.
(I hope this an official out-station interchange?)

None of that makes any sense to me at all. Where are you starting from?
Old November 9th 09, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Revised maps etc. at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/13280.aspx

Changing at Edgware Road made to seem like a piece of cake in the
blurb.

Spotted a revised platform map at KXStP yesterday, approaching the
Westbound SSL platform from the Khyber Pass. Sports a sticker saying
words to the effect of, "This map shows the revised Circle Line service
from 13th December 2009."

Cheers,

Barry

Old November 10th 09, 05:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 00:06:03 +0000, Barry Salter
wrote:

Spotted a revised platform map at KXStP yesterday, approaching the
Westbound SSL platform from the Khyber Pass. Sports a sticker saying
words to the effect of, "This map shows the revised Circle Line service
from 13th December 2009."

The one at Euston looks really confusing, even though I already know
what the plan is!

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old November 10th 09, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Salmon" wrote in message
"Peter Lawrence" wrote
If the train destination blind shows Edgware Road, and you want to og
East, get on it but be prepared to get off if it changes to
Hammersmith.

If the blind show Hammersmith toss a coin to decide whether or not to
join the train.. If you then find yourself at the wrong Paddington
station improve your health by taking a long walk to the other staion.
(I hope this an official out-station interchange?)

None of that makes any sense to me at all. Where are you starting from?

I think he's suggesting (wrongly, or tongue in cheek?) that all Circle
trains will run with either Edgware or Hammersmith on the front.

But the blinds are definitely being changed en route according to posters
elsewhere. A train leaving Edgware for the inner rail is supposed to be
showing Circle via xxx. A through train arriving at Edgware from Hammersmith
is expected to show Circle via Aldgate AIUI.

Trains leaving for Hammersmith westbound will show Hammersmith - AIUI they
will have displayed this from Liverpool St onwards, so westbound H&C and
CIrcle trains along the top of the circle will all have the same destination
showing.

Paul S

Old November 10th 09, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Nov, 12:34, "Paul Scott" wrote:
But the blinds are definitely being changed en route according to posters
elsewhere. A train leaving Edgware for the inner rail is supposed to be
showing Circle via xxx. A through train arriving at Edgware from Hammersmith
is expected to show Circle via Aldgate AIUI.

Trains leaving for Hammersmith westbound will show Hammersmith - AIUI they
will have displayed this from Liverpool St onwards, so westbound H&C and
CIrcle trains along the top of the circle will all have the same destination
showing.

As a "union guy" once memorably observed (about something totally
different) "that's all very well on paper but it'll never work in
theory".
If we are relying on train operators memories/willpower to manually
wind blinds at intermediate locations such as Liverpool Street I think
we may be a bit optimistic in imagining it will actually happen with
much consistancy.

--
gordon
Old November 10th 09, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 9, 6:33*pm, " wrote:
Revised maps etc. at *http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/13280.aspx

Changing at Edgware Road made to seem like a piece of cake in the
blurb.

Please excuse me if I've missed something, but what happens to the
Liverpool St-Barking bit of the Hammersmith route? Is that still
(going to be) running, in addition to Paddington-Hammersmith being
part of the "circle" (so two colours on the diagrams for the
Hammersmith branch)?

Thanks.

PhilD

Old November 10th 09, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

PhilD wrote:
On Nov 9, 6:33 pm, " wrote:
Revised maps etc. at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/13280.aspx

Changing at Edgware Road made to seem like a piece of cake in the
blurb.

Please excuse me if I've missed something, but what happens to the
Liverpool St-Barking bit of the Hammersmith route? Is that still
(going to be) running, in addition to Paddington-Hammersmith being
part of the "circle" (so two colours on the diagrams for the
Hammersmith branch)?

You've got it. The only change planned to the H&C AIUI is that eventually
the Whitechapel terminators will extend to West Ham where they are putting
in a new turnback, but that seems to be independent of the Circle changes.

Barry Salter has reported seeing some new line maps today, presumably he'll
be able to confirm that the stretch down to Hammersmith has both colours?

Paul S

Walton-on-Thames railway station no longer a bus teacup. Michael R N Dolbear London Transport 1 September 1st 15 08:28 AM
So what's going wrong with the Jubilee line? [email protected] London Transport 61 May 12th 11 02:15 PM
teacup Roland Perry London Transport 43 March 20th 10 05:03 PM
Is the teacup necessary? Walter Briscoe London Transport 68 April 23rd 09 08:35 AM
Oyster Prepay capping publicity Dave Arquati London Transport 5 February 23rd 05 03:43 PM