Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 6th 10, 06:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Black Cabbies learning to keep quiet, but...

Just saw the article about London Black cab drivers being taught new
skills including when to give their fares quiet space. Head of taxi
regulation, Mr Mason told the FT: "It's a world-renowned service. The
drivers are always perceived to be some of the great characters you come
across in London.”

I beg to disagree. Characters, yes. But not greatest. I have a huge beef
with London cabbies. They are rude drivers. I used to think they have
eye problems until I found that they brake and give way to their own,
but not to pedestrians, even when the pedestrian is in the right (or in
danger of being knocked down).

I take cabs when I need them. But, you know, I'd *support* them if they
would learn to be more gentle, careful drivers. It's a crowded city, the
Black Cabbies are not the kings of the road and should not act that way.