London Banter

-   -   Toilets. (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1056-toilets.html)

Clive November 22nd 03 10:38 AM

Toilets.

I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing to
be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am coming
to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to "go"
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.
--
Clive

Chris p November 22nd 03 10:54 AM

Toilets.

Clive wrote:
I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing to
be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am coming
to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to "go"
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.

tried 3 stations on the victoria while bursting and in the extremely hot
environment. Bah none, had to leave and make use of KFC's facilities

Kat November 22nd 03 11:01 AM

Toilets.

In message , Chris p
writes
Clive wrote:
I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing
to be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am
coming to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.

tried 3 stations on the victoria while bursting and in the extremely
hot environment. Bah none, had to leave and make use of KFC's facilities

If you have a small child in need, any tube station would probably allow
you to use the staff facilities.
--
Kat Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax

and get used to the idea - Robert A. Heinlein

Andrew P Smith November 22nd 03 11:25 AM

Toilets.

In article , Clive
writes
I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing to
be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am coming
to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to "go"
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.

London and public toilets are not 2 things that go together very well.
The City of Westminster has a large number of public toilets - try their
web site for full details. The big shops have them (Lillywhites, Hamleys
etc) and there is always McDonalds or Burger King - they are everywhere
and all have toilets.

The big hotels have toilets but not all are easy to find - toilets that
is - not hotels!!!. I usually just walk in the door and head towards the
bar or restaurant having a fake conversation on my mobile phone about
'yes, I'll meet you in the bar - I'm at the hotel now.....' or similar
whilst my eyes scan for the gents.

Avoid the toilets at train stations - usually dire swamp holes.
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this

CMOT TMPV November 22nd 03 01:36 PM

Toilets.

Once upon a time -- around about 11/22/03 07:25 --
possibly wrote:

Avoid the toilets at train stations - usually dire swamp holes.

That's terribly unkind of you. I'll have you know that I've been in "dir
swamp holes" that were CONSIDERABLY cleaner than the gents at any train
station.

-- E

--
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints; the sinners are
much more fun; only the good die young." -- Billy Joel

Andrew P Smith November 22nd 03 01:43 PM

Toilets.

In article , CMOT TMPV
writes
possibly wrote:

Avoid the toilets at train stations - usually dire swamp holes.

That's terribly unkind of you. I'll have you know that I've been in "dir
swamp holes" that were CONSIDERABLY cleaner than the gents at any train
station.

-- E

Gee, how bad were they???

The award for the worst toilets I have ever seen goes to the entrance
lodge (east) for the Serengetti in Tanzania. You could smell them 50ft
away. I'll spare you the details......

John Rowland November 22nd 03 03:17 PM

Toilets.

"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message

The big hotels have toilets but not all are easy to find -
toilets that is - not hotels!!!. I usually just walk in the
door and head towards the bar or restaurant having
a fake conversation on my mobile phone about
'yes, I'll meet you in the bar - I'm at the hotel now.....'
or similar whilst my eyes scan for the gents.

I just ask. They always let me.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Robin Cox November 22nd 03 03:47 PM

Toilets.

"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message ...
etc) and there is always McDonalds or Burger King - they are everywhere
and all have toilets.

By choice, you wouldn't eat at McDonalds but their toilets
are, er, convenient.

There are loads of them in Central London.

Don't rely on stations, large or small, having any such facilities.

Robin

Terry Harper November 22nd 03 03:53 PM

Toilets.

"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message

The award for the worst toilets I have ever seen goes to the entrance
lodge (east) for the Serengetti in Tanzania. You could smell them 50ft
away. I'll spare you the details......

I nominate those at Kano airport in 1971. Foetid and lots of odd bugs
crawling around inside.

Cue for: "It's no good standing on the seat, the bugs in here can jump six
feet", or similar.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
http://www.omnibussoc.org

Paul Terry November 22nd 03 07:27 PM

Toilets.

In message , Clive
writes

I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing to
be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am coming
to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to "go"
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.

The 32 public toilets in the City of Westminster are shown on the map
at:

http://www.westminster.gov.uk/enviro.../toiletmap.cfm

There also quite a few in the City of London, although I couldn't find a
map.

As others have said, most major tourist attractions and department
stores will have at least reasonably good toilet facilities and all
restaurants are obliged to have toilets. Facilities at railroad
terminals are not always as good as one might hope!

I don't think you will find any of this a problem so long as you take
preventative action by passing a department store, restaurant or tourist
attraction (and there are an awful lot of all three!) at the sort of
frequency required by a 4-year-old!

--
Paul Terry

Spyke November 22nd 03 07:58 PM

Toilets.

As others have said, most major tourist attractions and department
stores will have at least reasonably good toilet facilities and all
restaurants are obliged to have toilets. Facilities at railroad
terminals are not always as good as one might hope!

I don't think you will find any of this a problem so long as you take
preventative action by passing a department store, restaurant or
tourist attraction (and there are an awful lot of all three!) at the
sort of frequency required by a 4-year-old!

As nobody else seems to have mentioned it, many of the toilets in
railway stations, other public attractions and even in department stores
nowadays, are pay on entry, so make sure you have plenty of small change
(20p usually) handy.
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do

Terry Harper November 22nd 03 08:16 PM

Toilets.

"Huge" wrote in message

I raise you the Chinese Opera House we visited in Beijing some 15 years
ago.

The toilet was a strip of concrete with holes every few feet and turds
littered everywhere.

I suddenyl didn't need to go any more.

I don't think I will see you on that one:-(
--
Terry Harper
http://www.terry.harper.btinternet.co.uk/

Dr Ivan D. Reid November 23rd 03 10:11 AM

Toilets.

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:16:25 +0000 (UTC),
Terry Harper
wrote in :
"Huge" wrote in message

I raise you the Chinese Opera House we visited in Beijing some 15 years
ago.

The toilet was a strip of concrete with holes every few feet and turds
littered everywhere.

I suddenyl didn't need to go any more.

Sounds very similar to the Hotel Tatarstan in Kazan' a few years
ago. One of our party headed for the Ladies, commenting that he'd never been
anywhere in the world where the Ladies weren't considerably cleaner than the
Gents; he came back saying that he had now...

I don't think I will see you on that one:-(

Luckily I was staying at a private hotel with basic Western
facilities.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN

John Ray November 23rd 03 03:02 PM

Toilets.

Terry Harper wrote:

Cue for: "It's no good standing on the seat, the bugs in here can jump six
feet", or similar.

It was crabs, rather than bugs, when I first heard it. To try to get
back on topic, I don't think they were of the 2-6-0 variety.

--
John Ray, London UK.

Mail to mefp49 is unlikely to be read. I can be contacted at xcf70 (same
ISP).

John Rowland November 23rd 03 03:28 PM

Toilets.

"Dr Ivan D. Reid" wrote in message

Sounds very similar to the Hotel Tatarstan in Kazan'
a few years ago.

How is that apostrophe pronounced - as a glottal stop?

One of our party headed for the Ladies, commenting that
he'd never been anywhere in the world where the Ladies
weren't considerably cleaner than the Gents; he came
back saying that he had now...

I haven't often been in ladies' toilets, but I've always found them worse
than the gents. The graffiti is worse, and they tend to hover and spray,
rather than touch the seat...

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Edward Cowling November 24th 03 08:18 AM

Toilets.

"Robin Cox" wrote in message
"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message

etc) and there is always McDonalds or Burger King - they are everywhere
and all have toilets.

Don't rely on stations, large or small, having any such facilities.

Avoid the Green Park loos on the Piccadilly Line. Not
only are they grubby, the last time I had to use them there
were a lot of very suspect guys loitering about.

The worst loos in London that I've come across are the
public loos at Camden Lock market. Even the flies
complain about the filth :-)

--
Edward Cowling - London - UK

Neil Williams November 24th 03 08:27 PM

Toilets.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:18:42 -0000, "Edward Cowling"
wrote:

The worst loos in London that I've come across are the
public loos at Camden Lock market. Even the flies
complain about the filth :-)

They are free, and generally well-kept, at Marylebone station. Other
London terminals mainly charge 20p, but these days they are normally
spotlessly clean with an attendant present. This being the case, I
don't mind paying.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.

Robin May November 24th 03 08:37 PM

Toilets.

wrote:

The worst loos in London that I've come across are the
public loos at Camden Lock market. Even the flies
complain about the filth :-)

They are free, and generally well-kept, at Marylebone station. Other
London terminals mainly charge 20p, but these days they are normally
spotlessly clean with an attendant present. This being the case, I
don't mind paying.

Westminster public toilets are better, they're usually spotlessly clean
with an attendant present and they're free.

I can think of one near Embankment tube, one near Charing Cross tube
under Trafalgar Square, one in the Westminster tube station public
subway and another near Methodist Central Hall.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!

Arthur Figgis November 24th 03 10:20 PM

Toilets.

wrote:

The worst loos in London that I've come across are the
public loos at Camden Lock market. Even the flies
complain about the filth :-)

The worst is any one which is shut when needed!

They are free, and generally well-kept, at Marylebone station. Other
London terminals mainly charge 20p, but these days they are normally
spotlessly clean with an attendant present. This being the case, I
don't mind paying.

There usually seems to be an attendant beggar sat on the stairs at
Victoria.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Ian Jelf November 24th 03 10:21 PM

Toilets.

In article , Neil Williams
writes
wrote:

The worst loos in London that I've come across are the
public loos at Camden Lock market. Even the flies
complain about the filth :-)

They are free, and generally well-kept, at Marylebone station.

I'd second that.

Other
London terminals mainly charge 20p, but these days they are normally
spotlessly clean with an attendant present. This being the case, I
don't mind paying.

My experience has been that railway stations *used* to charge 20p but
seem to have discontinued the practice now. Maybe I've just been
lucky? In any case, like Neil, I don't mind paying for good facilities.

That said, I don't find Central London's toilet facilities nearly as bad
as they've been portrayed in this thread.

Bank Underground stations are spotless, as are those in the subway at
Westminster and on the Embankment near to Embankment Tube.

The ones in the alleyway alongside the Jubilee Market at Covent Garden
are also okay (and always attended); not perfect, but given the use
they get not bad at all.

(By the way, I don't make a habit of hanging around public toilets,
however much it might look like it from this post! It's just that,
when you're a tourist guide, it's one of those things you *have* to know
about!)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for

Paul Weaver November 24th 03 11:36 PM

Toilets.

wrote:

The worst loos in London that I've come across are the
public loos at Camden Lock market. Even the flies
complain about the filth :-)

They are free, and generally well-kept, at Marylebone station. Other
London terminals mainly charge 20p, but these days they are normally
spotlessly clean with an attendant present. This being the case, I
don't mind paying.

Got off the Victoria at KingsX en-route to Walthamstow on Friday night, to
relieve myself and get a burger king. Walked down to the toilets and
realised Children in Need took all my change when I left work (I was too
awed by the presence of Sting to notice too!) Had to vault over the
turnstile to get in, the attendant looked asleep though and didn't say
anything (what would he have done).

Waterloo is (appropiatly) the best ones I've been too in Central London.
20p's cheaper then Rome Termini's 40p (60 cents) too!

Robin May November 25th 03 12:08 AM

Toilets.

Ian Jelf wrote the following in:

(By the way, I don't make a habit of hanging around public
toilets, however much it might look like it from this post! It's
just that, when you're a tourist guide, it's one of those things
you *have* to know about!)

Similar sort of thing for me with public toilets. I don't get great
pleasure from being in them, it's just that when you drink as much
water as I do you rather need to know where they are.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Another high quality lesson from Robin May:
Your and you're are different words!

Helen Deborah Vecht November 25th 03 06:01 AM

Toilets.

Ian Jelf typed

Other
London terminals mainly charge 20p, but these days they are normally
spotlessly clean with an attendant present. This being the case, I
don't mind paying.

My experience has been that railway stations *used* to charge 20p but
seem to have discontinued the practice now. Maybe I've just been
lucky? In any case, like Neil, I don't mind paying for good facilities.

Uuuh? Euston, King's Cross & Waterloo have all extracted at least 20p
from me within the last year.

The facilities are OK but I really would prefer to dry my hands on a
cloth or paper towel rather than use the germ-blowers that can overheat
the dungeons in which the facilities hide.

Getting down to the dungeons is great fun [not] with a load of luggage
(at least Euston's aren't approached by stairs!) a loaded bicycle
('Please do not leave luggage unattended') or a disability that makes
descending stairs difficult. (I don't have a RADAR key yet)

That said, I don't find Central London's toilet facilities nearly as bad
as they've been portrayed in this thread.

They are mostly acceptable. John Lewis stores are usually the best. They
still have proper cloth towel machines!

(By the way, I don't make a habit of hanging around public toilets,
however much it might look like it from this post!

This is obvious to me as a Brum based guide doesn't seem familiar with
London Euston! ;-)

Helen, who always has a supply of 20p coins ('toilet tokens') on hand.
£1 coins are trolley tokens...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Ian Jelf November 25th 03 08:36 AM

Toilets.

In article , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes
Ian Jelf typed
My experience has been that railway stations *used* to charge 20p but
seem to have discontinued the practice now. Maybe I've just been
lucky? In any case, like Neil, I don't mind paying for good facilities.

Uuuh? Euston, King's Cross & Waterloo have all extracted at least 20p
from me within the last year.

The only one of those I've used in recent times is Waterloo and come to
think of it, you're right: 20p it was.

The facilities are OK but I really would prefer to dry my hands on a
cloth or paper towel rather than use the germ-blowers that can overheat
the dungeons in which the facilities hide.

So they're not "more hygienic", as claimed?

Getting down to the dungeons is great fun [not] with a load of luggage
(at least Euston's aren't approached by stairs!) a loaded bicycle
('Please do not leave luggage unattended') or a disability that makes
descending stairs difficult. (I don't have a RADAR key yet)

Can you *ask* to use the disabled loos under such circumstances, ie do
the staff have a RADAR key?

(By the way, I don't make a habit of hanging around public toilets,
however much it might look like it from this post!

This is obvious to me as a Brum based guide doesn't seem familiar with
London Euston! ;-)

I always use Marylebone! ;-)

Helen, who always has a supply of 20p coins ('toilet tokens') on hand.
£1 coins are trolley tokens...

Here in Birmingham, you get used to carrying a supply of change for the
occasional bus journey (exact fare only here, no change given)!

Jack Taylor November 25th 03 10:09 AM

Toilets.

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In article , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes

The facilities are OK but I really would prefer to dry my hands on a
cloth or paper towel rather than use the germ-blowers that can overheat
the dungeons in which the facilities hide.

So they're not "more hygienic", as claimed?

Only if they are used correctly. Most people do not fully dry their hands,
leaving them warm and moist - an ideal environment for breeding germs. This
can be for a number of reasons - lack of time, defective blowers (many of
them never actually heat up, just blow cold air).

Personally, I'm with Helen - give me a good roller towel every time!

Robin May November 25th 03 10:38 AM

Toilets.

"Jack Taylor" wrote the following in:

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In article , Helen Deborah
Vecht writes

The facilities are OK but I really would prefer to dry my hands
on a cloth or paper towel rather than use the germ-blowers that
can overheat the dungeons in which the facilities hide.

So they're not "more hygienic", as claimed?

Only if they are used correctly. Most people do not fully dry
their hands, leaving them warm and moist - an ideal environment
for breeding germs. This can be for a number of reasons - lack of
time, defective blowers (many of them never actually heat up, just
blow cold air).

Many of the *******s DON'T STAY ON! I am so tired of the ones that are
supposed to automatically detect your hands but in actual fact don't
and so make drying your hands nearly impossible. If they're going to
use hand dryers, they should at least have button ones that stay on for
a reasonable amount of time.

Thomas Payne November 25th 03 11:17 AM

Toilets.

Spyke wrote in message ...

As others have said, most major tourist attractions and department
stores will have at least reasonably good toilet facilities and all
restaurants are obliged to have toilets. Facilities at railroad
terminals are not always as good as one might hope!

I don't think you will find any of this a problem so long as you take
preventative action by passing a department store, restaurant or
tourist attraction (and there are an awful lot of all three!) at the
sort of frequency required by a 4-year-old!

As nobody else seems to have mentioned it, many of the toilets in
railway stations, other public attractions and even in department stores
nowadays, are pay on entry, so make sure you have plenty of small change
(20p usually) handy.

Erm..... are you sure? I don't know of any shops or tourist
attractions in London which charge for their facilities. The only
exceptions I know of are Burger King's in certain places like
Leicester Square. Oh and of course the infamous Harrod's toilets. I
suggest avoiding those thieves, after all Harrod's sells what everyone
else sells, but with a sneer and a hefty price premium.

Helen Deborah Vecht November 25th 03 11:51 AM

Toilets.

Ian Jelf typed

The facilities are OK but I really would prefer to dry my hands on a
cloth or paper towel rather than use the germ-blowers that can overheat
the dungeons in which the facilities hide.

So they're not "more hygienic", as claimed?

No. there has been some research somewhere that showed it was on a par
with wiping your hands on trousers IIRC. They do result in 'less mess'
but can also leave busy toilet facilities *far* too hot, especially in
summer.

Getting down to the dungeons is great fun [not] with a load of luggage
(at least Euston's aren't approached by stairs!) a loaded bicycle
('Please do not leave luggage unattended') or a disability that makes
descending stairs difficult. (I don't have a RADAR key yet)

Can you *ask* to use the disabled loos under such circumstances, ie do
the staff have a RADAR key?

When I'm busting for a leak, I'm not minded to go looking for a member
of staff. Some of the time I walk fairly well & would have to eplain my
problems; when I walk badly, I don't want to be haring around a station
concourse. Quickest is still to struggle down the stairs to the ordinary
loos.

(By the way, I don't make a habit of hanging around public toilets,
however much it might look like it from this post!

This is obvious to me as a Brum based guide doesn't seem familiar with
London Euston! ;-)

I always use Marylebone! ;-)

So I gathered...

Helen, who always has a supply of 20p coins ('toilet tokens') on hand.
£1 coins are trolley tokens...

Here in Birmingham, you get used to carrying a supply of change for the
occasional bus journey (exact fare only here, no change given)!

Do you have reinforced pockets?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Ian Jelf November 25th 03 12:57 PM

Toilets.

In article , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes
Ian Jelf typed

The facilities are OK but I really would prefer to dry my hands on a
cloth or paper towel rather than use the germ-blowers that can overheat
the dungeons in which the facilities hide.

So they're not "more hygienic", as claimed?

No. there has been some research somewhere that showed it was on a par
with wiping your hands on trousers IIRC.

Ugh!

When I'm busting for a leak, I'm not minded to go looking for a member
of staff. Some of the time I walk fairly well & would have to eplain my
problems; when I walk badly, I don't want to be haring around a station
concourse. Quickest is still to struggle down the stairs to the ordinary
loos.

Would you be able to get a RADAR key? Would you want to?

(By the way, I don't make a habit of hanging around public toilets,
however much it might look like it from this post!

This is obvious to me as a Brum based guide doesn't seem familiar with
London Euston! ;-)

I always use Marylebone! ;-)

So I gathered...

*Far* more civilised than Birmingham New Street - London Euston. :-)

Helen, who always has a supply of 20p coins ('toilet tokens') on hand.
£1 coins are trolley tokens...

Here in Birmingham, you get used to carrying a supply of change for the
occasional bus journey (exact fare only here, no change given)!

Do you have reinforced pockets?

Yes, you need them (although our £2.50 day tickets help with many kinds
of journey and most off peak fares are £1 anyway. I wish we had
something similar to London's "Saver" tickets, though. They would
serve my current needs perfectly.

Helen Deborah Vecht November 25th 03 03:43 PM

Toilets.

Ian Jelf typed

Would you be able to get a RADAR key? Would you want to?

Yes but not quite yet.

*Far* more civilised than Birmingham New Street - London Euston. :-)

Yebbut I live closest to a Northern Line station. Access to Marylebone
is a PITA from here, whereas euston is a doddle.

My last foray to London Termini was at the start of October, when I
wanted to buy a National Rail Timetable. I think I visited three
branches of Wholly Hopeless Smith's.

Do you have reinforced pockets?

Yes,

Who reinforced them?? ;-)

you need them (although our £2.50 day tickets help with many kinds
of journey and most off peak fares are £1 anyway. I wish we had
something similar to London's "Saver" tickets, though. They would
serve my current needs perfectly.

I like Saver tickets but don't use them myself as I have an Annual Bus
Pass. I buy Savers to give to friends and beggars.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Dr Ivan D. Reid November 25th 03 06:21 PM

Toilets.

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:28:41 -0000, John Rowland

wrote in :
"Dr Ivan D. Reid" wrote in message

Sounds very similar to the Hotel Tatarstan in Kazan'
a few years ago.

How is that apostrophe pronounced - as a glottal stop?

It should really be an accent above the n, and is pronounced (AFAIR)
like an additional -ye (as in "yearn") cut off in mid-stride.

One of our party headed for the Ladies, commenting that
he'd never been anywhere in the world where the Ladies
weren't considerably cleaner than the Gents; he came
back saying that he had now...

I haven't often been in ladies' toilets, but I've always found them worse
than the gents. The graffiti is worse, and they tend to hover and spray,
rather than touch the seat...

He reckoned that it hadn't failed before, even in darkest South
America. I believe he was an Indian national, if that adds anything to
the tale.

Andrew Oldham November 25th 03 08:29 PM

Toilets.

"Thomas Payne" wrote in message
m...
Spyke wrote in message

[...]

When I'm at Harrods, I use the disabled washrooms, which do not charge £1.
If I'm asked by staff (not the case so far), I'd show my Disabled Railcard
as proof of entry! If you're travelling First Class from Paddington, Kings
Cross or Euston you can always the toilet facilites in the respective First
Class Lounges, and nice they are too.

Ian Jelf November 26th 03 01:16 PM

Toilets.

In article , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes
Ian Jelf typed
*Far* more civilised than Birmingham New Street - London Euston. :-)

Yebbut I live closest to a Northern Line station. Access to Marylebone
is a PITA from here, whereas euston is a doddle.

Okay. When are you coming to see us, the? :-)

Do you have reinforced pockets?

Yes,

Who reinforced them?? ;-)

It's genetic, with us Brummies!

you need them (although our £2.50 day tickets help with many kinds
of journey and most off peak fares are £1 anyway. I wish we had
something similar to London's "Saver" tickets, though. They would
serve my current needs perfectly.

I like Saver tickets but don't use them myself as I have an Annual Bus
Pass.

My pattern of bus use is such that that wouldn't be economic for me and
it just so happens that Savers would fit the bill perfectly. (They
also tend to work well for me when I'm working in London as I frequently
have cause to take one or two buses on "hops" around Central London
during "free time".

I buy Savers to give to friends and beggars.

"For all your Christmas Gift needs: The Saver Ticket". Hmmmm. ;-)

Helen Deborah Vecht November 26th 03 03:35 PM

Toilets.

Ian Jelf typed

I like Saver tickets but don't use them myself as I have an Annual Bus
Pass.

My pattern of bus use is such that that wouldn't be economic for me and
it just so happens that Savers would fit the bill perfectly. (They
also tend to work well for me when I'm working in London as I frequently
have cause to take one or two buses on "hops" around Central London
during "free time".

Sounds like they're right for you but One Day Bus Passes are only £2.

I buy Savers to give to friends and beggars.

"For all your Christmas Gift needs: The Saver Ticket". Hmmmm. ;-)

More like "I'm taking a bus, would you like a ticket?" and

"Spare me change for my bus fare?"
"I don't do change, have a ticket..."
:-)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Ian Jelf November 26th 03 04:09 PM

Toilets.

In article , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes
Ian Jelf typed

I like Saver tickets but don't use them myself as I have an Annual Bus
Pass.

My pattern of bus use is such that that wouldn't be economic for me and
it just so happens that Savers would fit the bill perfectly. (They
also tend to work well for me when I'm working in London as I frequently
have cause to take one or two buses on "hops" around Central London
during "free time".

Sounds like they're right for you but One Day Bus Passes are only £2.

Indeed, but my usual count, if I'm just filling an hour or two while the
group are having free time is one or two journeys. I accept, though,
that I might have slightly unorthodox travel patters compared to the
Vast Majority.

I buy Savers to give to friends and beggars.

"For all your Christmas Gift needs: The Saver Ticket". Hmmmm. ;-)

More like "I'm taking a bus, would you like a ticket?" and

"Spare me change for my bus fare?"
"I don't do change, have a ticket..."
:-)

ROFL!

CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North December 10th 03 05:01 PM

Toilets.

Kat wrote in message ...
In message , Chris p
writes
Clive wrote:
I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing
to be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am
coming to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.

tried 3 stations on the victoria while bursting and in the extremely
hot environment. Bah none, had to leave and make use of KFC's facilities

If you have a small child in need, any tube station would probably allow
you to use the staff facilities.

And if your an adult you just **** on the station with the drunks?
I once came out of a tube station in East London to see a guy laying
on his back on the pavement taking a ****. If that is not a reason for
more public toilets at tube stations i don't know what is.

Jonn Elledge December 10th 03 06:13 PM

Toilets.

"CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North" wrote in
message om...

And if your an adult you just **** on the station with the drunks?
I once came out of a tube station in East London to see a guy laying
on his back on the pavement taking a ****. If that is not a reason for
more public toilets at tube stations i don't know what is.

Actually, I think that sounds more like a reason for professional help,
possibly including an AA meeting...

Jonn