Old November 22nd 03, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Toilets.

I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing to
be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am coming
to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to "go"
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.
--
Clive

Old November 22nd 03, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive wrote:
I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing to
be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am coming
to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to "go"
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.

tried 3 stations on the victoria while bursting and in the extremely hot
environment. Bah none, had to leave and make use of KFC's facilities

Old November 22nd 03, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Chris p
writes
Clive wrote:
I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing
to be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am
coming to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.

tried 3 stations on the victoria while bursting and in the extremely
hot environment. Bah none, had to leave and make use of KFC's facilities

If you have a small child in need, any tube station would probably allow
you to use the staff facilities.
--
Kat Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax

and get used to the idea - Robert A. Heinlein

Old November 22nd 03, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Clive
writes
I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing to
be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am coming
to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to "go"
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.

London and public toilets are not 2 things that go together very well.
The City of Westminster has a large number of public toilets - try their
web site for full details. The big shops have them (Lillywhites, Hamleys
etc) and there is always McDonalds or Burger King - they are everywhere
and all have toilets.

The big hotels have toilets but not all are easy to find - toilets that
is - not hotels!!!. I usually just walk in the door and head towards the
bar or restaurant having a fake conversation on my mobile phone about
'yes, I'll meet you in the bar - I'm at the hotel now.....' or similar
whilst my eyes scan for the gents.

Avoid the toilets at train stations - usually dire swamp holes.
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this
Old November 22nd 03, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message

The big hotels have toilets but not all are easy to find -
toilets that is - not hotels!!!. I usually just walk in the
door and head towards the bar or restaurant having
a fake conversation on my mobile phone about
'yes, I'll meet you in the bar - I'm at the hotel now.....'
or similar whilst my eyes scan for the gents.

I just ask. They always let me.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old November 22nd 03, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message ...
etc) and there is always McDonalds or Burger King - they are everywhere
and all have toilets.

By choice, you wouldn't eat at McDonalds but their toilets
are, er, convenient.

There are loads of them in Central London.

Don't rely on stations, large or small, having any such facilities.

Robin

Old November 22nd 03, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message

The award for the worst toilets I have ever seen goes to the entrance
lodge (east) for the Serengetti in Tanzania. You could smell them 50ft
away. I'll spare you the details......

I nominate those at Kano airport in 1971. Foetid and lots of odd bugs
crawling around inside.

Cue for: "It's no good standing on the seat, the bugs in here can jump six
feet", or similar.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
http://www.omnibussoc.org

Old November 22nd 03, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Clive
writes

I know I'm most probably on the wrong group and am therefore willing to
be re-directed, my question is this. In a few weeks time I am coming
to London with a 4 year old boy. I am presuming he'll want to "go"
about every half an hour, where can I get a guide of toilets in stores
or otherwise that would be suitable for my purposes.

The 32 public toilets in the City of Westminster are shown on the map
at:

http://www.westminster.gov.uk/enviro.../toiletmap.cfm

There also quite a few in the City of London, although I couldn't find a
map.

As others have said, most major tourist attractions and department
stores will have at least reasonably good toilet facilities and all
restaurants are obliged to have toilets. Facilities at railroad
terminals are not always as good as one might hope!

I don't think you will find any of this a problem so long as you take
preventative action by passing a department store, restaurant or tourist
attraction (and there are an awful lot of all three!) at the sort of
frequency required by a 4-year-old!

--
Paul Terry