Old March 16th 10, 12:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Blackfriars Bridge widening

New Civil Engineer magazine's online version has some interesting pictures
of the widening works on the downstream side of Blackfriars Bridge. So
something really is happening behind all those hoardings...

http://www.nce.co.uk/news/structures...215416.article

I expect being able to expand the piers above the waterline was a bit of a
bonus when it came to the detailed design...

Paul S

Old March 16th 10, 12:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:10:01 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

New Civil Engineer magazine's online version has some interesting pictures
of the widening works on the downstream side of Blackfriars Bridge. So
something really is happening behind all those hoardings...

http://www.nce.co.uk/news/structures...215416.article

I expect being able to expand the piers above the waterline was a bit of a
bonus when it came to the detailed design...

A word of warning:

As from 17 March 2010 the New Civil Engineer web site will be
subscription only. To gain access, you will need a subscription to
NCE magazine (£99 peer annum) or be a fully paid-up member of the
Institution of Civil Engineers.

So enjoy it while you can - just for today. ;-)

Old March 16th 10, 02:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

New Civil Engineer magazine's online version has some interesting
pictures of the widening works on the downstream side of Blackfriars
Bridge. So something really is happening behind all those
hoardings...

http://www.nce.co.uk/news/structures...215416.article

I expect being able to expand the piers above the waterline was a
bit of a bonus when it came to the detailed design...

A word of warning:

As from 17 March 2010 the New Civil Engineer web site will be
subscription only. To gain access, you will need a subscription to
NCE magazine (£99 peer annum) or be a fully paid-up member of the
Institution of Civil Engineers.

So enjoy it while you can - just for today. ;-)

That's a pity. Their Crossrail information is far better than the official
Crossrail site...

I think I'll spend a while downloading a few drawings...

Paul S

Old March 16th 10, 02:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

If you ever need anything from the NCE web site, just ask. ;-)
Old March 16th 10, 02:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Bruce wrote:

you will need a subscription to
NCE magazine (£99 peer annum)

Oh Lord!

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Old March 16th 10, 03:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:44:19 -0000, "Basil Jet"
wrote:
Bruce wrote:

you will need a subscription to
NCE magazine (£99 peer annum)

Oh Lord!

You think praying will help?

Old March 16th 10, 04:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:
Bruce wrote:

you will need a subscription to
NCE magazine (£99 peer annum)

Oh Lord!

You think praying will help?

I see even the I.C.E. appears to do things the BBC way ... in a page

http://www.nce.co.uk/station-over-th...202351.article

linked form the one cited upthread, there is what appears to be a
Connex livery Vep amid the Blackfriars staion that has not been built
yet

--
Nick

Old March 16th 10, 04:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:02:48 -0700 (PDT), D7666
wrote:

I see even the I.C.E. appears to do things the BBC way ... in a page

http://www.nce.co.uk/station-over-th...202351.article

linked form the one cited upthread, there is what appears to be a
Connex livery Vep amid the Blackfriars staion that has not been built
yet

journalist

But I thought all trains looked like that ...

/journalist

Old March 16th 10, 04:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

http://www.nce.co.uk/news/structures...iars-rib-arche...

I expect being able to expand the piers above the waterline was a bit of a
bonus when it came to the detailed design...

A word of warning:

As from 17 March 2010 the New Civil Engineer web site will be
subscription only. *To gain access, you will need a subscription to
NCE magazine (£99 peer annum) or be a fully paid-up member of the
Institution of Civil Engineers.

So enjoy it while you can - just for today. *;-)

EMAP have transitioned a large number of their journals behind a pay
for view barrier including NCE. It is a great pity but is undoubtedly
the shape of things to come.
Old March 16th 10, 04:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:
Bruce wrote:

you will need a subscription to
NCE magazine (£99 peer annum)

Oh Lord!

You think praying will help?

I see even the I.C.E. appears to do things the BBC way ... in a page

http://www.nce.co.uk/station-over-th...202351.article

linked form the one cited upthread, there is what appears to be a
Connex livery Vep amid the Blackfriars staion that has not been built
yet

I wouldn't blame NCE. It's been around for 3 years, some idiot in Network
Rail's PR section probably drew it...

http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co...-bank-2c9.aspx

Paul S