Old September 3rd 07, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stratford platform widening

The other day I was shocked to see that Platform 8 at Stratford (local
services to Ilford & beyond) has been widening. The line has moved slightly
north into what was a gap before the Platform 9 track, and the east end of
the platform widened into the gap.

Given how packed this platform gets as rush hour this will hopefully
alleviate some congestion and make it easier to actually move along without
risking slipping onto the tracks.

Now if only they'd put a monitor up at the east end of the platform so
passengers can find out what stations a train calls at...

Old September 3rd 07, 06:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote in message
The other day I was shocked to see that Platform 8 at Stratford (local
services to Ilford & beyond) has been widening. The line has moved
slightly north into what was a gap before the Platform 9 track, and the
east end of the platform widened into the gap.

Is that the work shown on TfL's Stratford improvements drawings?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...orm-Layout.pdf

Didn't seem much happening a month or so back when I was last there...

Paul S

Old September 3rd 07, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote:

Is that the work shown on TfL's Stratford improvements drawings?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...orm-Layout.pdf

Yes.

Didn't seem much happening a month or so back when I was last there...

It seems to have happened very recently - when I looked last week the ramp
down to the track level at the east end hadn't been finished. It was quite a
shock to suddenly realise the platform was wider than before.