Old March 21st 10, 04:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ELL

Is there now a start date for the new service?

Old March 21st 10, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Weybridgeman wrote:
Is there now a start date for the new service?

April 4th or possibly the 11th are current suggestions for an 'ELL only'
service, between Dalston Junction and alternately New Cross Gate and New
Cross only. I suggest this will only be 8tph. It has been reported
elsewhere that the ELW replacement bus service is end dated 4th April...

May 23rd for services to Crystal Palace and West Croydon. This is to all
intents the only possible start date, as adding 8 tph to the Sydenham
corridor requires coincident major changes to the SN timetable over a wider
area, and this can only happen on the normal summer timetable start date.

Paul S

Old March 21st 10, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 21, 5:32*pm, "Weybridgeman"
wrote:
Is there now a start date for the new service?

AIUI the currently announced "official" start date for ELL service is
the first day of the summer national rail timetable on Sunday 23 May.

However there's going to be a soft launch of the ELL service which
won't run south beyond New Cross Gate - no exact date is known, there
was talk of Sunday 4 April (Easter Sunday), but this gent (seemingly
an LO driver) on the District Dave forum reckons it's been put back a
week to 11 April:
http://districtdave.proboards.com/in...&page=1#229379

Elsewhere on the DD forum I see there's a reference to the unofficial
London Bus Routes website listing the ELW replacement bus as being
discontinued from 4 April - see:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/changes.htm#121

Whether this would in fact be extended for another week if the ELL did
indeed open on 11 April, or anyone who had been relying on it would
just have to deal with it for a week, I couldn't say.
Old March 21st 10, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/03/2010 18:22, Paul Corfield wrote:

wrote:
Is there now a start date for the new service?

AIUI the currently announced "official" start date for ELL service is
the first day of the summer national rail timetable on Sunday 23 May.

Well Mr Brown has said this date officially so that's immovable unless
something goes horribly wrong. I wouldn't like to be trying to catch a
Southern train if LOROL can't run after 23/5!

Please note this is just rampant and wild musing on my part - just in
case the press office is reading!

However there's going to be a soft launch of the ELL service which
won't run south beyond New Cross Gate - no exact date is known, there
was talk of Sunday 4 April (Easter Sunday), but this gent (seemingly
an LO driver) on the District Dave forum reckons it's been put back a
week to 11 April:
http://districtdave.proboards.com/in...&page=1#229379

Interesting.

Elsewhere on the DD forum I see there's a reference to the unofficial
London Bus Routes website listing the ELW replacement bus as being
discontinued from 4 April - see:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/changes.htm#121

Whether this would in fact be extended for another week if the ELL did
indeed open on 11 April, or anyone who had been relying on it would
just have to deal with it for a week, I couldn't say.

I would expect the ELW operation to be extended until such time as the
ELL is properly working on a daily basis. However given LOROL's apparent
dislike of comprehensive rail replacement I would not be shocked to see
it withdrawn and there be no rail service in its place! It's very odd
how LOROL / London Rail and LUL seem to have such very different
policies on rail replacements.

Wonder how long it will be before ELLX has its first weekend closure for
engineering works?

Probably April 4.
Old March 21st 10, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/03/2010 17:48, Paul Scott wrote:
Weybridgeman wrote:
Is there now a start date for the new service?

April 4th or possibly the 11th are current suggestions for an 'ELL only'
service, between Dalston Junction and alternately New Cross Gate and New
Cross only. I suggest this will only be 8tph. It has been reported
elsewhere that the ELW replacement bus service is end dated 4th April...

May 23rd for services to Crystal Palace and West Croydon. This is to all
intents the only possible start date, as adding 8 tph to the Sydenham
corridor requires coincident major changes to the SN timetable over a wider
area, and this can only happen on the normal summer timetable start date.

Paul S

When is the tentative opening date for the Dalston Junction-Highbury &
Islington extension?

Old March 21st 10, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Weybridgeman wrote:
Is there now a start date for the new service?

April 4th or possibly the 11th are current suggestions for an 'ELL only'
service, between Dalston Junction and alternately New Cross Gate and New
Cross only. I suggest this will only be 8tph. It has been reported
elsewhere that the ELW replacement bus service is end dated 4th April...

May 23rd for services to Crystal Palace and West Croydon. This is to all
intents the only possible start date, as adding 8 tph to the Sydenham
corridor requires coincident major changes to the SN timetable over a
wider
area, and this can only happen on the normal summer timetable start date.

Paul S

When is the tentative opening date for the Dalston Junction-Highbury &
Islington extension?

Early 2011 - February I think. As it will be a dedicated route it ought not
to be constrained by the national timetable change dates.

Paul

Old March 21st 10, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

*wrote:
Is there now a start date for the new service?

AIUI the currently announced "official" start date for ELL service is
the first day of the summer national rail timetable on Sunday 23 May.

Well Mr Brown has said this date officially so that's immovable unless
something goes horribly wrong. *I wouldn't like to be trying to catch a
Southern train if LOROL can't run after 23/5!

Please note this is just rampant and wild musing on my part - just in
case the press office is reading!

However there's going to be a soft launch of the ELL service which
won't run south beyond New Cross Gate - no exact date is known, there
was talk of Sunday 4 April (Easter Sunday), but this gent (seemingly
an LO driver) on the District Dave forum reckons it's been put back a
week to 11 April:
http://districtdave.proboards.com/in...lay&board=lond...

Interesting.

[...]

Very good