Old May 12th 10, 08:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New govt scraps Heathrow third runway

Old May 12th 10, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On May 12, 1:37*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 12 May 2010 20:45:12 +0100, Basil Jet

Again?

They're going great gusto - that's three cancellations in the space of a
few hours ;-)

What else will be added to their list of cancellations I wonder?
--

I really hope Crossrail is not on the list.
Old May 12th 10, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On 12/05/2010 21:58, E27002 wrote:
On May 12, 1:37 pm, Paul wrote:
On Wed, 12 May 2010 20:45:12 +0100, Basil Jet

Again?

They're going great gusto - that's three cancellations in the space of a
few hours ;-)

What else will be added to their list of cancellations I wonder?
--

I really hope Crossrail is not on the list.

The coalition manifesto is at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8677933.stm
Crossrail is not mentioned. The transport-specific points are...
The establishment of a high-speed rail network.
The cancellation of the third runway at Heathrow.
The refusal of additional runways at Gatwick and Stansted.

This coalition idea is great... all the parties can promise the earth
before the election, then put together a coalition afterwards and then
produce a whole new list of promises out of thin air.
Old May 12th 10, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

The coalition manifesto is athttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8677933.stm
Crossrail is not mentioned. The transport-specific points are...
The establishment of a high-speed rail network.
* The cancellation of the third runway at Heathrow.
* The refusal of additional runways at Gatwick and Stansted.

This coalition idea is great... all the parties can promise the earth
before the election, then put together a coalition afterwards and then
produce a whole new list of promises out of thin air.

Politics unfortunately, don't feel bad, the promises meant little.
Clearly item 1 (The establishment of a high-speed rail network) was
spouted unencumbered by the thinking process. However, I am glad
Crossrail has not hit their radar yet.
Old May 13th 10, 09:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Paul Corfield

Again?

They're going great gusto - that's three cancellations in the space of a
few hours ;-)

What else will be added to their list of cancellations I wonder?

More airports at this rate.

Old May 13th 10, 05:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

What else will be added to their list of cancellations I wonder?

Christmas, I expect.

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop