Old May 19th 10, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crystal Palace station

On 19 May, 18:45, "Paul Scott" wrote:
wrote:
I see that the 'new' station building, the green Crystal Palace
lookalike thing, is still there. *The plans showed this as to be
demolished. *Is the original booking hall back in use?

I believe that work is still to commence? We had a discussion about it a few
weeks ago, it appeared then it has been dealt with as a separate planning
application to the platform works and is running to a completely different
timetable...

Paul S

I've just noticed that in this pictu

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...look_west2.jpg

there seem to be metal handrails for some steps leading down from the
now disused platform to the trackbed of the long-disused bay. What
are they for? Are they for access to a S&T cabinet, or something
similar?
Old May 19th 10, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 19, 6:45*pm, "Paul Scott"

I see that the 'new' station building, the green Crystal Palace
lookalike thing, is still there. *The plans showed this as to be
demolished. *Is the original booking hall back in use?

I believe that work is still to commence? We had a discussion about it a few
weeks ago, it appeared then it has been dealt with as a separate planning
application to the platform works and is running to a completely different
timetable...

Called the 'liable for the chop' timetable perhaps...
(Would be a great shame - the original booking hall and station
building are rather grand and should be put to good railway use.)
Old May 19th 10, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...look_west2.jpg

there seem to be metal handrails for some steps leading down from the
now disused platform to the trackbed of the long-disused bay. What
are they for? Are they for access to a S&T cabinet, or something
similar?

I think almost certainly. Seems to be pretty near that cabinet (easier seen
at full size), I think there will definitely have been a few resitings, I'd
suggest that AWS magnet seen in the picture would previously have had its
associated cabinet where the new platforms are now...

Paul S

Old May 20th 10, 11:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...tform_6_look_w
est2.jpg

there seem to be metal handrails for some steps leading down from the
now disused platform to the trackbed of the long-disused bay. What
are they for? Are they for access to a S&T cabinet, or something
similar?

Also why the "Do not alight here" signs on a platform with seats on it?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old May 20th 10, 11:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 May, 00:47, wrote:
In article
,

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...tn_platform_6_...
est2.jpg

there seem to be metal handrails for some steps leading down from the
now disused platform to the trackbed of the long-disused bay. *What
are they for? *Are they for access to a S&T cabinet, or something
similar?

Also why the "Do not alight here" signs on a platform with seats on it?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Could they be temporary? Maybe Spanish Solution (two platforms serving
the same track) is to be implemented?
Old May 21st 10, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dr. Sunil wrote:
On 21 May, 00:47, wrote:

Also why the "Do not alight here" signs on a platform with seats on
it?

Could they be temporary? Maybe Spanish Solution (two platforms serving
the same track) is to be implemented?

Not at all likely as [IIRC from discussions in uk.railway] current mainline
stock door controls only allow opening on one side.

Paul S