Old May 23rd 10, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default OT - Olympic mascots

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 20/05/2010 15:40, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 02:22:17 on
Thu, 20 May 2010, Basil Jet remarked:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/o...ster-higher-st
ronger-tackier-1977675.html

They look a bit like teeth to me (complete with root), or tapeworms.

I can't see how the "Mandeville" version conveys any impression of
physical disability.

There has to be a Residents joke in there somewhere.

My first thought on seeing the names was "why have they named one after a
defunct East London Brewery?"!
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.

Old June 8th 10, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Olympic mascots

"PhilD" wrote in message
On 20 May, 08:26, "Brian Watson" wrote:
Has either thrown a hissy fit and walked out yet (as per the Tellytubbies
fiasco)?

Dunno, but it looks like the blue one's wet itself...

Beware the one-eyed trouser snake.

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop