Old October 30th 06, 01:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Olympic Transport Plan

The draft plan is now available at
http://www.london2012.com/en/ourvisi...sport+Plan.htm.

Simo

Old October 30th 06, 04:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Does anyone know what the "capacity enhancements" are in regards to
West Ham station? Is it just DLR conversion and upgraded jubilee
signalling or is there more to it than that? I know the C2C (LTS) lobby
group want improved signalling in the West Ham area for mainline
services too.

Cheers.

Old October 30th 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in news:1162219720.468561.98880
@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

The draft plan is now available at
http://www.london2012.com/en/ourvisi...sport+Plan.htm.

Surprised they haven't mapped out in that booklet the Marathon and the
Walking routes. After all, it has an impact on transport as well.
Old October 31st 06, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 wrote:

The draft plan is now available at

http://www.london2012.com/en/ourvisi...sport+Plan.htm.

Weymouth? Why on earth are they having the sailing at Weymouth? What's
wrong with the Blackwater, or the Medway estuary, or even the Thames (yes,
i know, ships)? We've got some of the best sailing water in the country on
the east coast!

Bah. It's probably because it's too hard for all these continentals,
raised on the tideless Med. They should send them on a course up the Ore,
that'd learn 'em.

tom

--
this news group concentrate the debil of usenet -- uk.local.london motto
Old October 31st 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know what the "capacity enhancements" are in regards to
West Ham station? Is it just DLR conversion and upgraded jubilee
signalling or is there more to it than that? I know the C2C (LTS) lobby
group want improved signalling in the West Ham area for mainline
services too.

Cheers.

From Newham planning website

West Ham station will be modified to provide an extra entrance and ticket
office on the western side leading into the Olympic Park, via a pedestrian
ramp to the 'Greenway', the raised path above the northern outfall sewer
embankment.

Paul

Old October 31st 06, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote:

From Newham planning website

West Ham station will be modified to provide an extra entrance and ticket
office on the western side leading into the Olympic Park, via a pedestrian
ramp to the 'Greenway', the raised path above the northern outfall sewer
embankment.

I hope they improve the point where the Greenway passes under the
GER/DLR at Pudding Mill Lane. Last time I was there, it was _the_ worst
eyesore in all London!

Old October 31st 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"solar penguin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Paul Scott wrote:

From Newham planning website

West Ham station will be modified to provide an extra entrance and ticket
office on the western side leading into the Olympic Park, via a
pedestrian
ramp to the 'Greenway', the raised path above the northern outfall sewer
embankment.

I hope they improve the point where the Greenway passes under the
GER/DLR at Pudding Mill Lane. Last time I was there, it was _the_ worst
eyesore in all London!

If you mean the grotty waterlogged passageway under the outfall, that you
follow if walking the towpath, I definitely agree.

Paul

Old October 31st 06, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

Tristán White wrote:
wrote:
The draft plan is now available at
http://www.london2012.com/en/ourvisi...sport+Plan.htm.

Surprised they haven't mapped out in that booklet the Marathon and the
Walking routes. After all, it has an impact on transport as well.

They have - scroll down that page, and look for the "Road Events"
document (which I think was Chapter 8). The routes are detailed in
there.

Sam

Old November 1st 06, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I hope they improve the point where the Greenway passes under the
GER/DLR at Pudding Mill Lane. Last time I was there, it was _the_ worst
eyesore in all London!

The entire area is an eyesore!
(and I live there :-( )

Old November 1st 06, 03:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Paul Scott wrote:

"solar penguin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Paul Scott wrote:

From Newham planning website

West Ham station will be modified to provide an extra entrance and
ticket office on the western side leading into the Olympic Park, via a
pedestrian ramp to the 'Greenway', the raised path above the northern
outfall sewer embankment.

I hope they improve the point where the Greenway passes under the
GER/DLR at Pudding Mill Lane. Last time I was there, it was _the_ worst
eyesore in all London!

If you mean the grotty waterlogged passageway under the outfall, that
you follow if walking the towpath, I definitely agree.

Ah, where it goes past a breaker's yard and round the back of a warehouse?
Yes, unbelievably awful.

tom

--
Space Travel is Another Word for Love!