Old May 20th 10, 05:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Euston Overground

[x-posted to uk.transport.london]

On May 20, 6:20*pm, Ivor The Engine
wrote:
Are all Overground stations supposed to be so indicated? * I noticed
the other day that the 'totem' on the corner of Euston Road and
Eversholt Street is still the old NR/LU version. *

Should they be adding an orange roundel to it sometime?

AFAIAA Euston is the only London Overground (LO) station which doesn't
have an LO orange roundel on display outside of it... but I don't
really think the lack of one really matters that much at Euston...

Old May 20th 10, 06:28 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Are all Overground stations supposed to be so indicated? * I noticed
the other day that the 'totem' on the corner of Euston Road and
Eversholt Street is still the old NR/LU version. *

Should they be adding an orange roundel to it sometime?

AFAIAA Euston is the only London Overground (LO) station which doesn't
have an LO orange roundel on display outside of it... but I don't
really think the lack of one really matters that much at Euston...

Do we think that the Watford DC lines will always run into their
London Terminus? Somehow I think eventually they will run thru
Primrose Hill and on to Camden Road in order to link up with the rest
of the Orbital Network.

Old May 20th 10, 08:12 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 20 May 2010 11:28:48 -0700 (PDT), E27002
wrote:

Do we think that the Watford DC lines will always run into their
London Terminus? Somehow I think eventually they will run thru
Primrose Hill and on to Camden Road in order to link up with the rest
of the Orbital Network.

That has been considered, but it's frequently been knocked back as
demand into Euston is pretty high.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.
Old May 20th 10, 11:46 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Do we think that the Watford DC lines will always run into their
London Terminus? Somehow I think eventually they will run thru
Primrose Hill and on to Camden Road in order to link up with the rest
of the Orbital Network.

That has been considered, but it's frequently been knocked back as
demand into Euston is pretty high.

Neil

Are there any plans for some sort of regular scheduled service from the
NLL, say to Queens Park?
Old May 21st 10, 01:20 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Do we think that the Watford DC lines will always run into their
London Terminus? Somehow I think eventually they will run thru
Primrose Hill and on to Camden Road in order to link up with the rest
of the Orbital Network.

That has been considered, but it's frequently been knocked back as
demand into Euston is pretty high.

Neil

Are there any plans for some sort of regular scheduled service from the
NLL, say to Queens Park?

There were (to Watford/Harrow/Willesden depending on which bit of
official kite-flying was current) as a replacement for the DC line
service to Euston but that seems to have been dropped now. Queens Park
would probably not be a suitable location for reversing Down trains as
would not be Willesden if the bay platforms remained at 3 coaches long
when NLL trains were gaining a 4th coach. Re-opening Primrose Hill
would have more chance of success if it became twinned with Chalk Farm
as a two-location interchange but that would not make it a
like-for-like replacement for DC services to Euston.

Old May 21st 10, 02:44 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On May 20, 4:46*pm, "
wrote:
On 20/05/2010 21:12, Neil Williams wrote: On Thu, 20 May 2010 11:28:48 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Do we think that the Watford DC lines will always run into their
London Terminus? *Somehow I think eventually they will run thru
Primrose Hill and on to Camden Road in order to link up with the rest
of the Orbital Network.

That has been considered, but it's frequently been knocked back as
demand into Euston is pretty high.

Neil

Are there any plans for some sort of regular scheduled service from the
NLL, say to Queens Park?

Not for many years. In the early seventies I can recall travelling
from Maida Vale to Primrose Hill by changing at Queens Park.
Old May 21st 10, 02:57 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Making Chalk Farm and Primrose Hill into an interchange would not be
difficult. The intermediate level tunnel at Chalk Farm could extend
under Chalk Farm Road on a curve. Steps and an elevator could rise to
the Primrose Hill platform.
Old May 21st 10, 10:52 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

The bay platform at Willesden Junction has been lengthened to 4
coaches now, so would be a possible reversal point. However, I don't
think we will see diversion of the DC line service away from Euston
for many years as the demand is too high.

There would be the possibility of running a Willesden Junction -
Primrose Hill - Stratford additional service though, the problem being
fitting it in between the Bakerloo and current DC trains.
Old May 21st 10, 10:53 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Interchange at Queens Park with mainline services would also be a
considerably cheaper possibility (at least for the stations north of
Queens Park). This would need changes to the mainline timetable to
accomodate the additional stop during peak times.
Old May 21st 10, 10:57 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 21 May, 12:53, Andy wrote:

Interchange at Queens Park with mainline services would also be a
considerably cheaper possibility (at least for the stations north of
Queens Park). This would need changes to the mainline timetable to
accomodate the additional stop during peak times.

....on services that don't really have any room for it.

Removing the Euston DC service would, just as it did last time, cause
unnecessary overcrowding on LM services south of Harrow/Watford.

Neil