Old June 17th 10, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Assembly Tories propose driverless Tube trains

On 17 June, 16:02, wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:30:55 +0100

Basil Jet wrote:
On 17/06/2010 15:22, wrote:

If the driver just because train captain DLR style that
would be fine however.

How would that help anything? You'd still have to pay them, and cut the
service if they go on strike.

It doesn't really. But you could pay them less than current drivers. Since
it would be a different less skilled role LU could just hire from outside and
wouldn't be oblidged to take on militant RMT activist former drivers.

Do tube strikes cause an increase in deaths on the road? Would running
the trains unmanned when the drivers are on strike be safer than cutting
the service?

No idea. All I can say is that I personally would not be happy travelling
on a deep level tube train with no staff on board.

B2003

Bank DLR is a deep-level tube station served by driverless trains
(though they do have the PSA "guards").
Old June 17th 10, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:45:42 -0700 (PDT)
"Dr. Sunil" wrote:
No idea. All I can say is that I personally would not be happy travelling
on a deep level tube train with no staff on board.

B2003

Bank DLR is a deep-level tube station served by driverless trains
(though they do have the PSA "guards").

And theres a walkway all along the side of the tunnel.

B2003

Old June 17th 10, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, Dr.
Sunil writes

Bank DLR is a deep-level tube station served by driverless trains
(though they do have the PSA "guards").

And the DLR tunnels have walkways for easy evacuation in case of
problems - the deep-level tubes do not.
--
Paul Terry