Old December 1st 03, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Lights on M4

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knew what the sets of small orange and blue lights
are, on the M4 section approx J1-J3. They are mounted on the central
lamp-posts, and are quite small. Never seen them working.

Also, on the eastbound (Londonbound) side, one of the gantries at about J3
had what looked like a very small set of traffic lights (only two lights
though) mounted on the right hand side upright, approximately 6' off the
ground. I dont' suppose anyone knows what these might be?

Cheers

JP

Old December 1st 03, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"J. Public" wrote in message
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knew what the sets of
small orange and blue lights are, on the M4 section approx J1-J3.

From the location, they must be connected with the bus lane, but I can't
imagine exactly what they are.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 1st 03, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"J. Public" wrote in message
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knew what the sets of
small orange and blue lights are, on the M4 section approx J1-J3.

From the location, they must be connected with the bus lane, but I
can't imagine exactly what they are.

Are they fixed to the lampposts? If so, I think they pre-date the bus
lane, but I can't remember what they are for.
--
Richard J.

Old December 2nd 03, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

As far as I can remember, they are only on the bit to the east of the bus
lane, when the m/way goes to 2 lanes. There's a blue one on one side, and
an orange one on the other side. For some reason they reminded me of the
ones on top of the big-ass electric fence in jurassic park when the kid gets
blown off.

JP

"Richard J." wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
"J. Public" wrote in message
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knew what the sets of
small orange and blue lights are, on the M4 section approx J1-J3.

From the location, they must be connected with the bus lane, but I
can't imagine exactly what they are.

Are they fixed to the lampposts? If so, I think they pre-date the bus
lane, but I can't remember what they are for.
--
Richard J.

A40 traffic lights rephased? Thomas Payne London Transport 9 September 3rd 03 12:13 AM
A40 traffic lights rephased? Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 1 August 27th 03 11:31 AM
Camera like sensors on top of traffic lights David Cowie London Transport 18 August 24th 03 12:12 PM
Traffic lights Jon London Transport 0 July 22nd 03 08:32 AM
Wood Green... and lights... james007 London Transport 4 July 16th 03 07:57 AM