Old July 19th 10, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cycle hire

On Jul 19, 6:09*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Paul Terry" wrote:

In message
To become as popular as the Paris scheme, I think the London scheme would
need to extend into Zone 2 at some stage, but that could indeed be a long
way off in the current financial climate.

By June next year, there'll probably be posts here asking firstly that they
can be used on the London to Brighton bike ride, and secondly that they
should be allowed on the SN trains that day...

The answer to the first question may well be I yes, albeit at a price
- I can't recall any mention of a geographic limitation as to how far
they can be taken (and there's no mention of such a thing on the blurb
on the side of the pay stations).

With regards to the second, well the SN bike ban will surely remain so
folk will have to load them in the lorries along with everyone else -
in which case, they'd do well to remember the bike's number!

(Cripes, just had a thought - each bike will be individually numbered
- wonder if any spotters might see some potential in it! ;-)