Old September 29th 10, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube Trains Sent On Collision Course

On 29/09/2010 06:58, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
[Yes, I only just saw this thread.]

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] wrote:
What seems to be rare on LU is three aspect signals. There used to be
one
at the entrance to the Southbound platform at East Putney but that might
be BR practice.

On LU They are generally speed controlled signals and work in a subtly
different way although they are still stop signals and have a train stop.

If they show green, there is a clear route set and no speed checking
is in place.

If they show red, speed checking is in place and the signal will show
a yellow aspect and the train stop will drop when the train's speed
has been proved below a set figure.

I'm not sure if any still do, but they used to show red+yellow (with
train stop up) to show the train had entered the timing track circuit,
then change to plain yellow (with train stop down) after sufficient time
to ensure the train had slowed enough (if it hadn't, it would be tripped
before the signal could change).

Of course where we share with BR then their signalling practices are
in force.

Only when it's their track.

Where do tube or sub-surface trains run that is strictly NR territory?

There *are* true LU three- and four-aspect signals on the Metropolitan
Line north of Harrow-on-the-Hill.

I thought those would be NR signals. I notice that they still have the
separate stop arms for LU stock and AWS for NR stock.

Old September 29th 10, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , "
wrote:
Of course where we share with BR then their signalling practices are
in force.

Only when it's their track.

Where do tube or sub-surface trains run that is strictly NR territory?

Queen's Park Junction to Harrow and Wealdstone.
Gunnersbury to Richmond.

There *are* true LU three- and four-aspect signals on the Metropolitan
Line north of Harrow-on-the-Hill.

I thought those would be NR signals. I notice that they still have the
separate stop arms for LU stock and AWS for NR stock.

Nope, they're LU. It's LU track.

Are you sure about AWS? I thought that all stock running on that line
had to be fitted with tripcocks.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org
Old September 29th 10, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 29/09/2010 20:23, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In message , "
wrote:
Of course where we share with BR then their signalling practices are
in force.
Only when it's their track.

Where do tube or sub-surface trains run that is strictly NR territory?

Queen's Park Junction to Harrow and Wealdstone.
Gunnersbury to Richmond.

There *are* true LU three- and four-aspect signals on the Metropolitan
Line north of Harrow-on-the-Hill.

I thought those would be NR signals. I notice that they still have the
separate stop arms for LU stock and AWS for NR stock.

Nope, they're LU. It's LU track.

Are you sure about AWS? I thought that all stock running on that line
had to be fitted with tripcocks.

I don't know about tripcocks, but I'm pretty certain that I have seen
AWS inductors on between Amersham and Harrow-on-the-Hill.

I know that North London Line's 378s are not fitted with tripcocks for
the Gunnersbury-Richmond section, and I am also quite certain that I
have seen AWS inductors there.

Trains on the Northern City Line into Moorgate appear to be fitted with
tripcocks, however -- at least the stop arms/policemen are still working
as trains enter the station.

Are there any plans for that line, BTW? Will it remain under FCC or will
TfL eventually get its hands on it again?

Investigation under way after Tube train collision Aurora London Transport 13 May 16th 14 02:01 AM
The case for free train travel - response to the guy who sent me the link thedarkman London Transport 18 October 24th 10 03:30 PM
Are emails still being sent for auto top-up? Tim Woodall London Transport 5 March 16th 08 06:20 AM
But of course.... Des London Transport 2 July 8th 05 03:39 PM
Bendy bus off course Peter Beale London Transport 63 June 23rd 04 11:49 AM