Old June 16th 04, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bendy bus off course

Saw a bendy bus heading west on the A14 near Kettering yesterday,
showing 149 Euston Station. LT red, but it didn't look as though it
had any insignia on the side. What would it be doing?

On another matter, there are quite a number of RMs doing sight-
seeing tours at Niagara Falls ON. Look in good condition, in LT livery,
with London destination blinds (one had "Rail Replacement Service",
another had a final-destination blind in the via box, so a series of
destinations shown). But they didn't have their numbers on: anyone
know which they are?

--
Peter Beale

Old June 16th 04, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Paul Corfield) wrote:

On route from Germany to Evobus at Coventry where the route 73
vehicles are being delivered to & then stored.

Thanks, Paul. If it was the 73, I should have expected to see three of
them! :-)

--
Peter Beale
Old June 16th 04, 11:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Routemasters in Niagara Falls (was: Bendy bus off course)

Peter Beale writes:
On another matter, there are quite a number of RMs doing sight-
seeing tours at Niagara Falls ON. Look in good condition ...
But they didn't have their numbers on: anyone know which they are?

http://www.doubledecktours.com/ doesn't say, but that just means
we need to find a fan site... check out these two pages for full details.

http://members.rogers.com/rhardy0527/ddt.html
http://members.rogers.com/rhardy0527/ddt2.html
--
Mark Brader, Toronto,
"A system which depends upon the secrecy of its algorithm
Old June 17th 04, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Mark Brader) wrote:

http://www.doubledecktours.com/ doesn't say, but that just means
we need to find a fan site... check out these two pages for full
details.

http://members.rogers.com/rhardy0527/ddt.html
http://members.rogers.com/rhardy0527/ddt2.html

Many thanks - very interesting!

--
Peter Beale

Old June 17th 04, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mark Brader ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

On another matter, there are quite a number of RMs doing sight-
seeing tours at Niagara Falls ON. Look in good condition ...
But they didn't have their numbers on: anyone know which they are?

http://www.doubledecktours.com/ doesn't say, but that just means
we need to find a fan site... check out these two pages for full details.

http://members.rogers.com/rhardy0527/ddt.html
http://members.rogers.com/rhardy0527/ddt2.html

Looking through that raises a question that I've been meaning to ask for a
while...

Former British Reg No :- BSL161, LSJ872, JSJ767

Those are all "age-related" numbers issued fairly recently, and I've also
seen SSL850 on one in Oxford Street. (I've got an old VeloSolex moped
registered a very few digits later than that, first issued by Stanmore LVLO
in 2001)

Where did these buses come from?

Why did they have to be re-registered?

Considering there has to be proof of identity to get an age-related
registration, how come these buses didn't get their old numbers back?

Was it as simple as the old numbers got sold off as "cherished" spit
plates?
Old June 17th 04, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Helen Deborah Vecht) wrote:

Nah, 73s come in bunches of five...
I'm sure they were mostly Routemasters yesterday.

Used to be threes when I lived in Newington Green in the 1970s.

Still, there's inflation for you!

--
Peter Beale
Old June 17th 04, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Beale ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Former British Reg No :- BSL161, LSJ872, JSJ767

Those are all "age-related" numbers issued fairly recently

SL and SJ would have been Scottish registrations under the old system
- can't lay my hands on my 1960s Readers' Digest Book of the Road
which listed them. Could they have been some sold to Stagecoach in
Scotland, with LT hanging on to the *LT *** numbers?

They were, but they were number series that never got issued before the
annual suffix was introduced - so they've been kept (with others) for issue
to newly imported pre-63 vehicles or to pre-63 vehicles that have somehow
lost their original numbers.

http://fleetdata.co.uk/agerelated.html