Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 21st 10, 10:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default More Oyster Woes ...

Tube chiefs urged to investigate ‘disgraceful’ network meltdown

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ravel-chaos.do

About 2,000 people had to trek through tunnels to safety on Monday.
Some claimed they were forced to pay afterwards by touching out with
their Oyster cards.

Thousands trapped in Tube blackout forced to walk along tracks

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...long-tracks.do

Passengers on the first three trains had to be led to safety through
tunnels. Commuters on the trains at Swiss Cottage and Westminster were
able to walk off after the drivers pulled into stations. The Swiss
Cottage passengers had to pay for their journeys by touching out on
their Oyster cards as they left the station.

===

"I was on one of the trains between St J Wood and Baker St which was
stuck in the tunnel for nearly 2 hrs 40 mins. People on the train were
very calm, I feel very sorry for the driver who had 2 run from one end
of the train to the other atleast 5 times. We live in a great city
called "London" where all the passengers were left in the tunnel
without any help / emergency rescue for more than 2 hrs ? We all know
that the things do go wrong sometimes but London Underground should
have a system where they can get people out in less than 30 mins.
Today was too much - a typical British system / engineering....
Anyways, the underground staff / british transport police were very
helpful - many thanks to them but what a shame on the emergency rescue
unit who couldn't make it faster. I thought not to make any complain
but when I asked for the refund on my pay as go oyster card then I
only received less than the original amount which was charged. The
staff at the ticket window gave the reason that his system does not
allow to refund the full money and you have to call 0845 number which
I did and it was on hold for more than 25 mins, still no refund as it
takes more than 24 hrs to register in their system. Just wondering how
many people must have checked whether they got the full refund. Spoke
with London Underground Customer Service about this and the lady at
the other end mentioned that as a good will they might give some
compensation to the people who were stuck on this particular train

- RJ, London, 18/10/2010 23:06"

===