Old December 9th 03, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default £0.01 Bus Fares... Get 'em while they're fresh...

Hi All,

This point is actually tucked up in the depths of another Oyster thread from
a week or so again, but I thought it would be worth pointing out, as it may
be of interest to some.

If you load your oyster with pre-pay (something we've established you *can*
do!), bus oyster readers will "green light" you if you swipe, and charge you
only 1p for the privilege. I assume this will change on 5th Jan when the
new fares come in.

I believe that Underground gates won't let you through yet.

It ain't big, and it ain't clever, but it makes bus travel somewhat cheap.

JP.

Old December 10th 03, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Hi,

J. Public wrote:

This point is actually tucked up in the depths of another Oyster thread from
a week or so again, but I thought it would be worth pointing out, as it may
be of interest to some.

If you load your oyster with pre-pay (something we've established you *can*
do!), bus oyster readers will "green light" you if you swipe, and charge you
only 1p for the privilege. I assume this will change on 5th Jan when the
new fares come in.

Pre-pay oyster for busses isn't due to happen till later. 5 (4?) Jan is
pre-pay launch for tube and DLR only IIRC. In the new fare guide, the
pre-pay bus fares are marked "For date of introduction, see separate
publicity".

So it's possible this 1p charge may continue into the New Year :-)

Regards,

Luke