Old March 13th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube maps - get them while you can!

According to Geofftech's blog (See http://www.geofftech.co.uk/iblog/ )
TfL are trying to get tube maps removed from the internet.

If you want any of the maps (
http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillymaps/ - some useful; some just for
fun) then download them ASAP in case TfL succeeds in getting them
removed.

There are mirrors at:
http://uk.geocities.com/tube_maps/sillytube.html
http://www.gordie.co.uk/sillytubemaps/
http://homepages.tesco.net/houseofsteel/sillytube.html
http://www.hanzoweb.com/browser/20060313155845/2781/

TfL want people to pay £290 + VAT + Royalties for this:
http://www.onestopmapshop.co.uk/sections/lon_u.asp?id=7
Yes, a small 8.5cm x 5.5cm map. And they seem to think people will pay
that!

Old March 13th 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks for the warning, but I jumped the gun, and downloaded them all a few
weeks ago in case this sort of thing happened.