Old October 24th 10, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Best fare option for Putney-Reading, Reading-Waterloo

The alternatives appear to be Oyster Putney-Richmond, Day Return
Richmond-Reading and get off at Richmond on the way back to touch in
(touching out on the way there is no problem because I have to change
trains there anyway); or Day Return Waterloo-Reading.

Any other ideas? I need to be there before 9:30 and will leave after 15:45.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old October 24th 10, 07:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
The alternatives appear to be Oyster Putney-Richmond, Day Return
Richmond-Reading and get off at Richmond on the way back to touch in
(touching out on the way there is no problem because I have to change
trains there anyway); or Day Return Waterloo-Reading.

Any other ideas? I need to be there before 9:30 and will leave after
15:45.

As it's only 80p more expensive to get a DR from Putney (over Richmond), I
would get that and suffer the break at Putney on the way back

tim

Old October 24th 10, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 24 Oct, 08:56, "tim...." wrote:
wrote in message

The alternatives appear to be Oyster Putney-Richmond, Day Return
Richmond-Reading and get off at Richmond on the way back to touch in
(touching out on the way there is no problem because I have to change
trains there anyway); or Day Return Waterloo-Reading.

Any other ideas? I need to be there before 9:30 and will leave after
15:45.

As it's only 80p more expensive to get a DR from Putney (over Richmond), I
would get that and suffer the break at Putney on the way back

tim

tangent
I've just noticed that the off-peak LU fare from Richmond to Waterloo
is 10p more than the NR fare.
/tangent