Old December 11th 03, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tottenham Court Road escalators, December 2003.

I see that the escalators at Tottenham Court Road are under repair
again. This is the annual maintenance session, timed to be carried out
during the Christmas shopping period.

One of the three main escalators has been out of action for several
weeks already.

Gordo.
--
This is not my sig nature.....
gordo AT loop zilla.org.......

Old December 14th 03, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Gordon Joly
writes

I see that the escalators at Tottenham Court Road are under repair
again. This is the annual maintenance session, timed to be carried out
during the Christmas shopping period.

One of the three main escalators has been out of action for several
weeks already.

What happened the proposed massive restructuring promised for TCR
Station? I thought it was supposed to start in 2001-2.

--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...
Old December 15th 03, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

congokid wrote in message ...
In article , Gordon Joly
writes

I see that the escalators at Tottenham Court Road are under repair
again. This is the annual maintenance session, timed to be carried out
during the Christmas shopping period.

One of the three main escalators has been out of action for several
weeks already.

What happened the proposed massive restructuring promised for TCR
Station? I thought it was supposed to start in 2001-2.

the late signing of the PPP pushed everything back, and even though
the LUL people at the TCR exhibtion at Congress house a couple of
years back claimed the money had been ringfenced I wouldnt be
surprised if the whole scheme was being re-evaluated.
Old December 15th 03, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
m...

If other stations repairs are anything to go by expect it to be out of

action
for at least 6 months. After all , LU keeps reminding us via posters etc
how these things are so complex it takes longer to repair them than it

does
NASA to ready a space shuttle for lauch and the repair time has nothing to

do
with them putting no more than a couple of bone idle halfwits on the job

who
never seem to be there whatever time of day you go past.

Oooooh look, another expert on maintaining the underground!!

Old December 15th 03, 04:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Pleased to say that all escalator work at Liverpool Street underground is
now complete for the forseeable future! Yippee!

Happy Xmas!

Old December 16th 03, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message ...
"Boltar" wrote in message
m...

If other stations repairs are anything to go by expect it to be out of

action
for at least 6 months. After all , LU keeps reminding us via posters etc
how these things are so complex it takes longer to repair them than it

does
NASA to ready a space shuttle for lauch and the repair time has nothing to

do
with them putting no more than a couple of bone idle halfwits on the job

who
never seem to be there whatever time of day you go past.

Oooooh look, another expert on maintaining the underground!!

Given that I'm an engineer by trade whose worked on machinary thats a *teensy*
bit complex than the glorified conveyor belts known as escalators I think I
have half a clue about how complex they are to fix - ie not very. But in good
old british tradition we keep getting spin about how they're so damn complex
it takes months to fix and so bloody forth. Bull****. They're about as simple
a bit of machinary as you can find, the REAL reason is LU and their sub
contractors couldn't organise a proverbial ****-up with less than 6 months
advanced notice.

B2003
Old December 16th 03, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

Given that I'm an engineer by trade whose worked on machinary thats a

*teensy*
bit complex than the glorified conveyor belts known as escalators I think

have half a clue about how complex they are to fix - ie not very. But in

good
old british tradition we keep getting spin about how they're so damn

complex
it takes months to fix and so bloody forth. Bull****. They're about as

simple
a bit of machinary as you can find, the REAL reason is LU and their sub
contractors couldn't organise a proverbial ****-up with less than 6 months
advanced notice.

Oh that'd be fun, wouldn't it, having contactors working between a machine
they're taking apart and one running! Grinding machines might just play
havoc with the fire alarm systems, bringing in steps and metal panels would
sure please the insurers too!

Old December 16th 03, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message ...
"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Wtf are you talking about?

Take apart escalator and shipping to factory - 1 week approx.

Refurbish and test at factory, well lets be kind and say 3 weeks.

Ship back to staton, rebuild and test - 2 weeks.

Thats 6 weeks and I've been pretty generous with the time. What exactly do they
do with the other 4.5 months out of the 6 it generally takes themn to fix these
things??

B2003