London Banter

-   -   How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/11619-how-do-fcc-get-away.html)

[email protected] December 23rd 10 11:34 AM

How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable?

FCC were running their emergency GN timetable on Monday and I found out
today that hey are running it today and tomorrow (Christmas Eve). So the
late trains promised on Christmas Eve have presumably gone west.

But the worst thing is the outrageous padding in the timings, presumably
to avoid any delay claims even when they lost time.

Examples are xx:10 depart Royston, xx:41 arrive Cambridge. That is so
ludicrous an allowance between the stations that even the stopper at xx:18
arrives at xx:43, taking 25 minutes all stations instead of 31 non-stop.
Needless to say we arrived at 16:32 on Monday despite leaving Royston at
16:15.

In the other direction they are allowing 20 minutes from Finsbury Park
(dep. xx:24) to King's Cross (arr. xx:44). The 09:08 this morning arrived
at 10:28, surprise, surprise.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roy Badami December 23rd 10 12:40 PM

How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable?

In article ,
wrote:
FCC were running their emergency GN timetable on Monday and I found out
today that hey are running it today and tomorrow (Christmas Eve). So the
late trains promised on Christmas Eve have presumably gone west.

Hmm, I got causght up in the emergency timetable (and other NXEA
disruption) on Monday and I'm sure they said they were expecting to
run a normal timetable on Tuesday. Are you saying everything is
*still* broken today? :-(

-roy

Walter Briscoe December 23rd 10 01:33 PM

How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable?

In message of Thu, 23
Dec 2010 06:34:09 in uk.transport.london,
writes
FCC were running their emergency GN timetable on Monday and I found out
today that hey are running it today and tomorrow (Christmas Eve). So the
late trains promised on Christmas Eve have presumably gone west.

But the worst thing is the outrageous padding in the timings, presumably
to avoid any delay claims even when they lost time.

[snip]

In the other direction they are allowing 20 minutes from Finsbury Park
(dep. xx:24) to King's Cross (arr. xx:44). The 09:08 this morning arrived
at 10:28, surprise, surprise.

The staff member, carrying a red flag before the train, can't go faster.
--
Walter Briscoe

[email protected] December 23rd 10 03:48 PM

How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable?

In article ,
(Roy Badami) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
FCC were running their emergency GN timetable on Monday and I found out
today that hey are running it today and tomorrow (Christmas Eve). So
the late trains promised on Christmas Eve have presumably gone west.

The latter point confirmed today.

Hmm, I got causght up in the emergency timetable (and other NXEA
disruption) on Monday and I'm sure they said they were expecting to
run a normal timetable on Tuesday. Are you saying everything is
*still* broken today? :-(

They did claim to be running a normal service on Tuesday. It got worse
since, apparently.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Clive Page[_4_] December 23rd 10 03:58 PM

How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable?

In message ,
writes
But the worst thing is the outrageous padding in the timings, presumably
to avoid any delay claims even when they lost time.

I think they have been getting practice on the Thameslink route, where
the "emergency" timetable in place for the last week and a bit gives
most trains nearly an hour to get from Luton to London (fastest journey
usually 32 mins electric, 23 mins diesel). Today is the first day that
this "emergency" timetable (I put that in quotes because it's 10 days
since the last significant snowfall around here) has now, for the first
time been loaded in the Journey Planner. And today it seems that the GN
route has the same lack of Journey Planner information. Wait a couple
of weeks and it will all get solved, I'm sure. :-)

--
Clive Page

[email protected] December 23rd 10 07:00 PM

How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable?

In article , (Clive Page)
wrote:

In message ,
writes
But the worst thing is the outrageous padding in the timings,
presumably to avoid any delay claims even when they lost time.

I think they have been getting practice on the Thameslink route,
where the "emergency" timetable in place for the last week and a
bit gives most trains nearly an hour to get from Luton to London
(fastest journey usually 32 mins electric, 23 mins diesel). Today
is the first day that this "emergency" timetable (I put that in
quotes because it's 10 days since the last significant snowfall
around here) has now, for the first time been loaded in the Journey
Planner. And today it seems that the GN route has the same lack of
Journey Planner information. Wait a couple of weeks and it will
all get solved, I'm sure. :-)

They promised it would be in Journey Planner but only this afternoon.
Looks like it's there now.

Then comes tomorrow's service...

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] December 27th 10 09:22 PM

wrote:
Examples are xx:10 depart Royston, xx:41 arrive Cambridge. That is so
ludicrous an allowance between the stations

[...]
In the other direction they are allowing 20 minutes from Finsbury Park
(dep. xx:24) to King's Cross (arr. xx:44).

It sounds to me like they've put 15 minutes of problem allowance into
the schedule. As per normal practice, all this is inserted just before
the final destination. Since I'm unclear what the "emergency" is, I
can't say whether 15 minutes is a reasonable allowance.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org

[email protected] December 27th 10 10:34 PM

How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable?

In article , (Clive
D. W. Feather) wrote:

In message ,
wrote:
Examples are xx:10 depart Royston, xx:41 arrive Cambridge. That is so
ludicrous an allowance between the stations

[...]
In the other direction they are allowing 20 minutes from Finsbury Park
(dep. xx:24) to King's Cross (arr. xx:44).

It sounds to me like they've put 15 minutes of problem allowance
into the schedule. As per normal practice, all this is inserted
just before the final destination. Since I'm unclear what the
"emergency" is, I can't say whether 15 minutes is a reasonable
allowance.

Like I said, and unlike NXEA's West Anglia route, they gave up any
pretence to a reasonable train service. To add to the confusion, NRE's
online timetables collapsed more completely.

--
Colin Rosenstiel