Old January 8th 11, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
max max is offline

Default wi-fi coverage

How is it wi-fi coverage in london airports?

Old January 8th 11, 07:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 20:07:55 +0000, max wrote:

How is it wi-fi coverage in london airports?

I'm not 100%, but I *think* you'll need to pay - very few places do have
free wi-fi.

About the only place that really does have free wi-fi, supposedly without
messing around, is McDonalds, but I've never had any success connecting
with an iPhone - I suspect it's one of those cheap wireless access points
which only works with Windows. If you're staying in a hotel on your
visit, you might find that they may have free wi-fi in their lobby.
You're likely to have to pay in your hotel room.
Old January 9th 11, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
max max is offline

a friend of mine has got blackberry phone.. but whenever he tried to sign in
on the start page of McDonald..
there was no way to get in.. although we tried several times.

messaggio ...

Old January 9th 11, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 8, 8:36*pm, Martin Petrov wrote:

About the only place that really does have free wi-fi, supposedly without
messing around, is McDonalds, but I've never had any success connecting
with an iPhone - I suspect it's one of those cheap wireless access points
which only works with Windows.

You might need a proper computer, but not necessarily with Windows.
I've had no trouble connecting using Ubuntu.
Old January 9th 11, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

" writes:

On Jan 8, 8:36Â*pm, Martin Petrov wrote:

About the only place that really does have free wi-fi, supposedly without
messing around, is McDonalds, but I've never had any success connecting
with an iPhone - I suspect it's one of those cheap wireless access points
which only works with Windows.

You might need a proper computer, but not necessarily with Windows.
I've had no trouble connecting using Ubuntu.

I have used McDonalds wifi using my Nokia N95, you need to click on the
spinning McDonalds logo. Its not totally intuitive on a small screen.

However having a 3GB/month data allowance means free wifi isn't really
worth the hasall, apart from a geeky desire to try it

Phil