Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10th 11, 12:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Royal Wedding Tube Strike Threat - Well There's A Surprise Then

So ASLEF are threatening to strke on the day of the Royal Wedding

As I understand the situation, there is an agreement between Tfl and
the unions that no extra pay will be given for Bank Holiday working,
in return for a higher rate of pay and an extra days annual leave. If
I am wrong I stand to be corrected. Whatever you might think about
this agreement, the point is that it is an agreement. If they want to
renegotiate the terms then they can do so, but what makes ASLEF think
it can just tear up the agreement because it wants to hold London to
ransom?

I really hope Tfl tells ASLEF to go forth and multiply. There was a
bus strike in 1937 on the day of the Coronation, so they needn't think
that a tube strike is gonig to alter the Royal Wedding plans.

PS. I bet Mr Crow is disappointed that ASLEF have got their tube
strike threat in first ahead of him.