Old February 2nd 11, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default FGW's definition of off-peak

What's FGW's definition of off-peak? I need to travel from Paddington
to Oxford on the evening of Fri 11th. Their website, naturally, doesn't
make it obvious.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

What a lovely day! Now watch me spoil it for you.

Old February 2nd 11, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Cantrell" wrote in message
k...
What's FGW's definition of off-peak? I need to travel from Paddington
to Oxford on the evening of Fri 11th. Their website, naturally, doesn't
make it obvious.

www.thetrainline.com shows most tickets costing £26. There is one at 1722 &
1847 for £6.50 though

Paul

Old February 2nd 11, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , David
Cantrell writes

What's FGW's definition of off-peak? I need to travel from Paddington
to Oxford on the evening of Fri 11th.

They specify off-peak by individual train, rather than by a time period.
You have to make a booking enquiry on their website, and then it will
show the range of prices available for each train.

An advance single on the 16.45 on that date is currently available for
£4, or £6.50 for the two later services mentioned by Paulg0 - note that
these type of tickets are only valid on the specified train.
--
Paul Terry
Old February 2nd 11, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
news
In message , David
Cantrell writes

What's FGW's definition of off-peak? I need to travel from Paddington
to Oxford on the evening of Fri 11th.

They specify off-peak by individual train, rather than by a time period.
You have to make a booking enquiry on their website, and then it will show
the range of prices available for each train.

To add to your post here's a current list of the afternoon peak barred
trains on the National Rail site he

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/pdfs/SVR_5K.pdf

(Found in the locked filing cabinet in the basement guarded by alligators
though...)

Paul S

Old February 2nd 11, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
news
In message , David
Cantrell writes

What's FGW's definition of off-peak? I need to travel from Paddington
to Oxford on the evening of Fri 11th.

They specify off-peak by individual train, rather than by a time period.
You have to make a booking enquiry on their website, and then it will
show the range of prices available for each train.

To add to your post here's a current list of the afternoon peak barred
trains on the National Rail site he

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/pdfs/SVR_5K.pdf

(Found in the locked filing cabinet in the basement guarded by alligators
though...)

Paul S

You are Arthur Dent and I claim my 5 pounds!