Old December 18th 03, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default cheaper transport from Stansted to central London

Hello,

I arrive at London Stansted aeroport to morrow
Could you tell me what is the cheaper transport to go
to Central London

Thanks

Michèle

Old December 18th 03, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michèle wrote:
Hello,

I arrive at London Stansted aeroport to morrow
Could you tell me what is the cheapest transport to go
to Central London

Thanks

Michèle

I have forgotten to say that we are two (my husband an I)
and we arrive at a peak moment (excuse my mistakes, I am French)

Old December 18th 03, 04:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Michèle wrote:

I arrive at London Stansted aeroport to morrow Could you tell me what is
the cheaper transport to go to Central London

A coach: the National Express A6 and A7 services cost 10 pounds for a
single (15 for a return valid for three months), and supposedly take 90
minutes to get to Victoria. The alternative is the train; the Stansted
Express costs 13 pounds for a single (23 for a return valid for a month),
and supposedly takes 45 minutes to get to Liverpool St.

HTH,
tom

--
Tomorrow has made a phone call to today.

Old December 18th 03, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Michèle wrote:

I arrive at London Stansted aeroport to morrow Could you tell me
what is the cheaper transport to go to Central London

A coach: the National Express A6 and A7 services cost 10 pounds for a
single (15 for a return valid for three months), and supposedly take
90 minutes to get to Victoria. The alternative is the train; the
Stansted Express costs 13 pounds for a single (23 for a return valid
for a month), and supposedly takes 45 minutes to get to Liverpool St.

HTH,
tom

Thank you very much Tom for these elements

Michèle

Old December 18th 03, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

I arrive at London Stansted airport tomorrow
Could you tell me what is the cheapest method of transport is to go
to Central London

It depends whereabouts you want to go. The cheapest is bus/coach at about
£10 single, but takes about 90 minutes and goes to Victoria. The faster (and
safer) method is train, which takes about 45 minutes, costs £13 single and
goes to Liverpool Street. Bear in mind that both stations are extremely
congested (IIRC Victoria busiest Underground station, and Liverpool St.
busiest Mainline) during peak hours
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Old December 18th 03, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joe wrote:
I arrive at London Stansted airport tomorrow
Could you tell me what is the cheapest method of transport is to go
to Central London

It depends whereabouts you want to go. The cheapest is bus/coach at
about £10 single, but takes about 90 minutes and goes to Victoria.
The faster (and safer) method is train, which takes about 45 minutes,
costs £13 single and goes to Liverpool Street. Bear in mind that both
stations are extremely congested (IIRC Victoria busiest Underground
station, and Liverpool St. busiest Mainline) during peak hours

Thanks for these precisions

Old December 18th 03, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michèle" wrote in message
Hello,

I arrive at London Stansted aeroport to morrow
Could you tell me what is the cheaper transport to go
to Central London

Thanks

Michèle

There is now a service every 30 minutes from Stanstead to Stratford

station(metro etc.) cost £6 single, scheduled journey time 45 minutes. This
may be a better option.

Alan

Old December 19th 03, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Alan Quick wrote:
"Michèle" wrote in message
Hello,

I arrive at London Stansted aeroport to morrow
Could you tell me what is the cheaper transport to go
to Central London

Thanks

Michèle

There is now a service every 30 minutes from Stanstead to Stratford

station(metro etc.) cost £6 single, scheduled journey time 45
minutes. This may be a better option.

Alan

What form of transport. Train, coach, Bike???

Lawrence Myers
Remove the numbers to reply

Old December 21st 03, 06:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

There is now a service every 30 minutes from Stanstead to Stratford
station(metro etc.) cost £6 single, scheduled journey time 45
minutes. This may be a better option.

National Express A9 service (described on page below as 'East London
service'):
http://www.nationalexpress.com/p.cfm?n=gsta