Old December 8th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default infos and suggestions for london stansted to hotel by night!

hi, we (4) will be in london on the 14th at 23:35 arrival at london
stansted airport, our destination is an hotel in 10 Norfolk Place,
Bayswater, London, W2. i think that the best way to arrive there will
be A6 bus (consider that landing should be at 23.35 and that we have to
wait for baggage) from london stansted and then the bus stop at Baker
St / George St.that is the nearest bus stop to the hotel, but still far
by walk at that time in the night. do you know if there are taxi near
Baker St station at that time in the night.or if you hav any other
ideas please suggest me.
thank you
giorgio

ps. sorry for my english!

Old December 8th 06, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 Dec 2006 08:54:51 -0800, wrote:

hi, we (4) will be in london on the 14th at 23:35 arrival at london
stansted airport, our destination is an hotel in 10 Norfolk Place,
Bayswater, London, W2. i think that the best way to arrive there will
be A6 bus (consider that landing should be at 23.35 and that we have to
wait for baggage) from london stansted and then the bus stop at Baker
St / George St.that is the nearest bus stop to the hotel, but still far
by walk at that time in the night. do you know if there are taxi near
Baker St station at that time in the night.or if you hav any other
ideas please suggest me.
thank you
giorgio

Hello Giorgio,

From Baker St you should be able to find a taxi. As an alternative there
are 24 hour and night (N) buses that run all over London.

From Baker Street this is the number 27 bus that runs 24 hours a day. At
night time it runs every 30 minutes.

Times are shown on this link.

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/027.htm - you want it going
towards Turnham Green as the final destination.

This link shows you where night routes stop at Baker St.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...uses-11034.pdf

You want stops "E" or "Z" - the 27 stops at both. Getting off at
Paddington Stop "G" should be very close to your hotel - see map below.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...uses-11037.pdf

Have a nice trip.

--
Paul C

Old December 8th 06, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On 8 Dec 2006 08:54:51 -0800, wrote:

hi, we (4) will be in london on the 14th at 23:35 arrival at london
stansted airport, our destination is an hotel in 10 Norfolk Place,
Bayswater, London, W2. i think that the best way to arrive there will
be A6 bus (consider that landing should be at 23.35 and that we have to
wait for baggage) from london stansted and then the bus stop at Baker
St / George St.that is the nearest bus stop to the hotel, but still far
by walk at that time in the night. do you know if there are taxi near
Baker St station at that time in the night.or if you hav any other
ideas please suggest me.
thank you
giorgio

Hello Giorgio,

From Baker St you should be able to find a taxi. As an alternative there
are 24 hour and night (N) buses that run all over London.

From Baker Street this is the number 27 bus that runs 24 hours a day. At
night time it runs every 30 minutes.

It will actually sometimes make the journey quicker to take the A4 bus
from Stansted and stay on the bus to Marble Arch. There are more night
buses Marble Arch - Paddington than Baker Street - Paddington so even
though it is a little longer you usually do not have to wait more than a
few minutes for a bus to Paddington from Marble Arch.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Old December 8th 06, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 19:11:19 -0000, Mike Hughes
wrote:

In message om,
writes
hi, we (4) will be in london on the 14th at 23:35 arrival at london
stansted airport, our destination is an hotel in 10 Norfolk Place,
Bayswater, London, W2. i think that the best way to arrive there will
be A6 bus (consider that landing should be at 23.35 and that we have to
wait for baggage) from london stansted and then the bus stop at Baker
St / George St.that is the nearest bus stop to the hotel, but still far
by walk at that time in the night. do you know if there are taxi near
Baker St station at that time in the night.or if you hav any other
ideas please suggest me.
thank you
giorgio

ps. sorry for my english!

There should be no problem getting a taxi at that time of night. You may
have to wait a little while as it is a Thursday )/Friday) and there are
usually a number of christmas parties taking radio taxis but non radio
taxis are always making their way down Baker Street. Make sure you stay
in Baker Street as it is a one way street and that is the way empty
taxis come back into town.

I should imagine that, at £1.50 each cash bus fare, the taxi option will
compare favourably for such a short distance and be a lot more convenient.

--
Fig

Old December 11th 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

thank you all for your answers, i think we will take the bus (we have
to decide if A6 bus or A4) and then a taxi or the night bus if there
will not be taxi.
thank you again
giorgio