Old March 1st 11, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dev dev is offline

Default Journey History

I just realised I cant get history any more either. I think that this
is to make it harder for people to view over charging. I am regularly
over charged by Oyster especially when I use the more complex stations
like Waterloo or bank and the w/city line.

The web site is atrocious. They have gone out of their way to make it
difficult to navigate. Its a pity as the implementation of the system
itself was done so well.

Old March 1st 11, 07:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 01/03/2011 18:52, dev wrote:
I just realised I cant get history any more either. I think that this
is to make it harder for people to view over charging. I am regularly
over charged by Oyster especially when I use the more complex stations
like Waterloo or bank and the w/city line.

The web site is atrocious. They have gone out of their way to make it
difficult to navigate. Its a pity as the implementation of the system
itself was done so well.

Just go to https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do
Sign in
The history works ok for me.
Old March 1st 11, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Tony Dragon) wrote:

On 01/03/2011 18:52, dev wrote:
I just realised I cant get history any more either. I think that this
is to make it harder for people to view over charging. I am regularly
over charged by Oyster especially when I use the more complex stations
like Waterloo or bank and the w/city line.

The web site is atrocious. They have gone out of their way to make it
difficult to navigate. Its a pity as the implementation of the system
itself was done so well.

Just go to
https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do
Sign in
The history works ok for me.

"Please note, customers will only be able to view this information if they
have purchased pay as you go credit (including Auto top-up) from Oyster
online."

So, not available to many, including me.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old March 1st 11, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 1, 10:53*pm, wrote:

In article ,
(Tony Dragon) wrote:

On 01/03/2011 18:52, dev wrote:
I just realised I cant get history any more either. *I think that this
is to make it harder for people to view over charging. *I am regularly
over charged by Oyster especially when I use the more complex stations
like Waterloo or bank and the w/city line.

The web site is atrocious. *They have gone out of their way to make it
difficult to navigate. *Its a pity as the implementation of the system
itself was done so well.

Just go to https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do
Sign in
The history works ok for me.

"Please note, customers will only be able to view this information if they
have purchased pay as you go credit (including Auto top-up) from Oyster
online."

So, not available to many, including me.

I wonder what the rationale is there - I had been pondering that it
was some sort of systems issue (that I couldn't quite decipher), but
actually I wonder if it might not be more of a safeguard to ensure
that those who have access to an Oyster card's journey history really
are the bona fide holder of said card. Something to scratch my head
over...

(Anyone tempted to say something like 'they just want to make things
difficult for you' shouldn't, for it'd be an intellectually vapid
comment.)
Old March 2nd 11, 07:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

actually I wonder if it might not be more of a safeguard to ensure
that those who have access to an Oyster card's journey history really
are the bona fide holder of said card. Something to scratch my head
over...

That was always my assumption and I think it was discussed in this group
some time ago. It makes it that bit more difficult for a spouse/partner
to establish that the card user was not in the office all evening, went
away on Saturday when the team were playing at home, was .....
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Old March 2nd 11, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:31:26 -0800, Mizter T wrote:

(Anyone tempted to say something like 'they just want to make things
difficult for you' shouldn't, for it'd be an intellectually vapid
comment.)

But that doesn't automatically stop it being true...