Old March 28th 11, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default O/T - Boris spouts bollox

Off-topic I know, and something that'd be more suited to a blog, but I
have to sound off on this.

I don't know what goes into his GBP25k a year chickenfeed for writing
a column in the Telegraph, but it seems to be devoid of various
essential nutrients for his brain, for this is what he managed to
conjure up for today's piece in the paper:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c.../borisjohnson/
8410355/.html

A couple of selected excerpts - by all means read the whole thing if
you want to see it in context - so this is how it starts off...

---quote---
So that's the alternative, eh! I was starting to wonder. After all
those strategy reviews, all those blank bits of paper, we have finally
heard Labour's response to the fiscal crisis bequeathed to the nation
by Gordon Brown. The plan is to get a load of aggressive crusties and
Lefties to attack the Ritz hotel, to storm Fortnum's, and to cause so
much argy-bargy that 4,500 police officers are obliged to waste their
time (and our money) in putting out the bonfires and controlling
events as peacefully as they can.

That's Labour's long-awaited master-plan for kick-starting the
economy. Isn't it grand? You may think I am being unfair to the
youthful Labour leader Ed Miliband, who addressed the crowd of TUC
marchers in Hyde Park. But I paid careful attention to his short
speech, because I was interested to hear what this "alternative" was
going to be – and on that crucial issue, which was the very point and
essence of the entire march, I am afraid I heard two thirds of diddly
squat.
[...]
---/quote---

Then towards the end...

---quote---
[...]In the absence of any other programme from the Left, it is
perhaps not surprising that the extremists behave as they do. The sad
thing is that in spite of their crocodile tears, Balls and Miliband
will feel quietly satisfied by the disorder – a token, they will tell
themselves, of the public feeling that is out there to exploit.[...]
---/quote---

Let me make my criticism entirely clear - it would have been one thing
for Boris to attack the Labour party for the lack of a coherent plan,
and for cosying up to the demonstrators (the peaceful ones, on the
march and rally) - that's completely fair game.

But he excels himself in offensiveness by suggesting that Miliband and
the Labour leadership would have actually been pleased by the violent
rabble and their antics.

On Saturday the distinction between the peaceful demonstrators, who
came in their tens of thousands - 250,000, perhaps more - and this
latter rabble *couldn't have been clearer*. I am in no doubt
whatsoever that the very great many peaceful demonstrators and the
unions who came to march and attend the rally are pretty angry that
the antics of this disconnected rabble (which took place elsewhere,
off the course off the march and away from the venue of the rally)
took the spotlight off their *huge*, *peaceful* demonstration.

I am also certain that Ed Miliband, Ed Balls and the rest of the
Labour leadership think exactly the same thing, and in no way
*whatsoever* will feel at all "quietly satisfied by the disorder" -
what utter, offensive tosh from Boris.

Johnson seems to have forgotten that it's not much good playing to
middle England and in particular the moronic tendency thereof when his
current electorate consists of Londoners. Seeking to conflate the vast
peaceful demo and the disconnected violent rabble, particularly on
this occasion when the distinction was so very evident, is just
moronic. Is this Lynton Crosby's doing?

He finishes with this...

---quote---
[...] If this hypocritical silence is the best "alternative" Labour
can come up with, they will remain in opposition for years.
---/quote---

Well, Mr Johnson, if that load of cobblers is the best you can come up
with, then you deserve to be kicked out of office next year. And
heaven help us if it's what you genuinely think.

Old March 28th 11, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 28, 8:53*pm, Mizter T wrote:
Off-topic I know, and something that'd be more suited to a blog, but I
have to sound off on this.

I don't know what goes into his GBP25k a year chickenfeed for writing
a column in the Telegraph, but it seems to be devoid of various
essential nutrients for his brain, for this is what he managed to
conjure up for today's piece in the paper:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c.../borisjohnson/
8410355/.html

[big snip]

Don't think this should wrap...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c.../8410355/.html

....but if it does then there's this TinyURL link:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/Boris-spouts-bollox
Old March 29th 11, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:53:36 -0700 (PDT)
Mizter T wrote:
Let me make my criticism entirely clear - it would have been one thing
for Boris to attack the Labour party for the lack of a coherent plan,
and for cosying up to the demonstrators (the peaceful ones, on the
march and rally) - that's completely fair game.

But he excels himself in offensiveness by suggesting that Miliband and
the Labour leadership would have actually been pleased by the violent
rabble and their antics.

If anything the fact that the trouble happened while milliband made his
grandiose speech probably makes milliband look rather foolish. Quite the
opposite to what he probably intended.

current electorate consists of Londoners. Seeking to conflate the vast
peaceful demo and the disconnected violent rabble, particularly on
this occasion when the distinction was so very evident, is just
moronic. Is this Lynton Crosby's doing?

IMO after giving fair warning and using other tactics such as tear gas or
water cannon , police should be allowed to shoot dead anyone who continuous
to riot. Works in other countries.

B2003

Old March 29th 11, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

IMO after giving fair warning ......

The form of words for many a year began "Our Sovereign Lord the King
chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to
disperse themselves........" )

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com