Old March 29th 11, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wills and Kate Oyster cards

I heard on the radio this morning that these will be on sale. Anyone know
if this is the case? Should be a little money spinner.

B2003

Old March 29th 11, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2011\03\29 09:55, d wrote:

I heard on the radio this morning that these will be on sale. Anyone know
if this is the case? Should be a little money spinner.

I can't see many people paying for a ride on Wills.
Old March 29th 11, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , d
writes

http://www.mayorwatch.co.uk/royal-we...cned/201114335

--
Paul Terry
Old March 29th 11, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:47:55 on Tue, 29
Mar 2011, Paul Terry remarked:
I heard on the radio this morning that these will be on sale. Anyone know
if this is the case? Should be a little money spinner.

http://www.mayorwatch.co.uk/royal-we...road-closures-
annoucned/201114335

Sounds like a good way to print £5 notes - all those deposits that
people won't be claiming back.

You could transfer any un-used balance to a different card.
Old March 29th 11, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 12:32:53 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:47:55 on Tue, 29
Mar 2011, Paul Terry remarked:
I heard on the radio this morning that these will be on sale. Anyone know
if this is the case? Should be a little money spinner.

http://www.mayorwatch.co.uk/royal-we...road-closures-
annoucned/201114335

Sounds like a good way to print £5 notes - all those deposits that
people won't be claiming back.

How much do normal oysters cost now? Even 3 quid when I bought mine was a
ripoff since the chip probably cost 20p and the plastic card itself almost
nothing.

B2003

Old March 29th 11, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:40:09 on Tue, 29 Mar
2011, d remarked:

How much do normal oysters cost now?

Went up to £5 on 2nd January this year:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ive/17092.aspx
Old March 29th 11, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:25:17 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:40:09 on Tue, 29 Mar
2011, d remarked:

How much do normal oysters cost now?

Went up to £5 on 2nd January this year:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ive/17092.aspx

Given the utter extortion TfL seems to engage in now I'm surprised they
don't extend it to paper tickets - pay 5 quid for the ticket before you pay
for the fare to go with it.

B2003

Old March 29th 11, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote:

In message , at 11:40:09 on Tue, 29 Mar
2011, d remarked:

How much do normal oysters cost now?

Went up to £5 on 2nd January this year:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ive/17092.aspx

The rationale behind this is solid - it's to avoid people getting a card,
starting station, making a longer journey, exiting leaving the card with a
negative balance then discarding the card.

Example - a peak PAYG single from zone 1 to Watford Junction is GBP7.70. To
get through the gates to start a journey in zone 1, a card needs to have the
minimum fare chargeable from that station on it - in this case GBP1.90. If
the deposit was still GBP3.00, then it'd be possible to obtain a card and
load it with sufficient PAYG credit for a total outlay of GBP4.90, then use
it to get to Watford Junction - on exiting the full GBP7.70 would be charged
leaving the card with a negative balance of GBP -5.80 (that's a minus), so
the punter just ditches said card - voila, they've 'saved' GBP2.80.

The higher deposit for the card negates this possibility.

Old March 29th 11, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Mizter T)
wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote:

In message , at 11:40:09 on Tue,
29 Mar 2011,
d remarked:

How much do normal oysters cost now?

Went up to £5 on 2nd January this year:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ive/17092.aspx

The rationale behind this is solid - it's to avoid people getting a
card, loading the minimum amount on it needed to get through the
gates at their starting station, making a longer journey, exiting
leaving the card with a negative balance then discarding the card.

Example - a peak PAYG single from zone 1 to Watford Junction is
GBP7.70. To get through the gates to start a journey in zone 1, a
card needs to have the minimum fare chargeable from that station on
it - in this case GBP1.90. If the deposit was still GBP3.00, then
it'd be possible to obtain a card and load it with sufficient PAYG
credit for a total outlay of GBP4.90, then use it to get to Watford
Junction - on exiting the full GBP7.70 would be charged leaving the
card with a negative balance of GBP -5.80 (that's a minus), so the
punter just ditches said card - voila, they've 'saved' GBP2.80.

The higher deposit for the card negates this possibility.

Only slightly. They still save 80p at present. They do have to go to
Watford, I suppose. :-)

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old March 29th 11, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
I heard on the radio this morning that these will be on sale. Anyone know
if this is the case? Should be a little money spinner.

I didn't know they WERE oysters.
--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop