Old November 26th 07, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster cards and 'ONE' railway

When are ONE railway going to accept Oyster cards at all stations, I
see Hackney downs has some unused Oyster scanners, but nothing seems
to be installed at ST James St

Old November 26th 07, 04:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martyn Dawe" wrote in message
When are ONE railway going to accept Oyster cards at all stations, I
see Hackney downs has some unused Oyster scanners, but nothing seems
to be installed at ST James St

If you mean local stations 'within the London zones', rather than the entire
'one' network, its supposed to be Jan 2008, whatever day the NR fare rises
occur I imagine.

Cue 'Watford Junction style' arguments as to why PAYG isn't available on
long distance services that are pick up/set down only at Stratford...

Paul

Old November 26th 07, 06:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

If you mean local stations 'within the London zones', rather than the
entire 'one' network, its supposed to be Jan 2008, whatever day the NR
fare rises occur I imagine.

In talking to someone about this the other day - I'm told there is/has been
a change of plan and we *wont* be allowed to use PAYG on any LER services
until the end of 2008.

I am trying to find more facts, but apparently its only something that was
decided a few days ago... Apparently there are some leaflets on the stations
explaining what will be happening. I will try and pick on up next time I'm
on a train out towards Enfield.

Old November 26th 07, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:06:53 -0000, "Q" ..@.. wrote:

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

If you mean local stations 'within the London zones', rather than the
entire 'one' network, its supposed to be Jan 2008, whatever day the NR
fare rises occur I imagine.

In talking to someone about this the other day - I'm told there is/has been
a change of plan and we *wont* be allowed to use PAYG on any LER services
until the end of 2008.

I am trying to find more facts, but apparently its only something that was
decided a few days ago... Apparently there are some leaflets on the stations
explaining what will be happening. I will try and pick on up next time I'm
on a train out towards Enfield.

my concern was intermediate stations from Walthamstow to Liverpool St
..
Old November 26th 07, 10:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26 Nov, 19:06, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
"Paul Scott" wrote:

If you mean local stations 'within the London zones', rather than the
entire 'one' network, its supposed to be Jan 2008, whatever day the NR
fare rises occur I imagine.

In talking to someone about this the other day - I'm told there is/has been
a change of plan and we *wont* be allowed to use PAYG on any LER services
until the end of 2008.

I am trying to find more facts, but apparently its only something that was
decided a few days ago... Apparently there are some leaflets on the stations
explaining what will be happening. I will try and pick on up next time I'm
on a train out towards Enfield.

!

If you manage to find out more about this please do post it here.

Old November 27th 07, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Mizter T" wrote in message

If you manage to find out more about this please do post it here.

I will! I know lots of people who where looking forward to the PAYG option.
Not sure when I'll get out that way next, or more to the point I'm not sure
when I'll get to talk to anyone that actually knows, or is high enough to
'trust'

When I'm in tomorrow I'll keep my eyes open for the little leaflet that was
spoken of and I'll pick one up and see what's said.

Old January 5th 08, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 27 2007, 6:29*pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

I know lots of people who where looking forward to the PAYG option.

When I'm in tomorrow I'll keep my eyes open for the little leaflet that was
spoken of and I'll pick one up and see what's said.

There was some publicity a while ago that said "Spring 2008" though I
can't remember where I saw that, and I believe this was applying to
stations between Liverpool St and Seven Sisters only. The Oyster card
readers appeared at Rectory Road before Christmas but were covered up.
Suddenly in the new year they are apparently ready for use, but there
is absolutely nothing at the station to say they are now functioning,
and nothing on the One website or anywhere. At some point I'll risk
using it and see what happens at the other end, but a bit of help from
the train company would be appreciated - One are obviously a bit more
cooperative about Oyster than some companies, but this is pretty silly
behaviour if you ask me.

Peter Daniels
London N16

Old January 5th 08, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 06:16:35 -0800 (PST), Chintz35
wrote:

On Nov 27 2007, 6:29*pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

[...]

PAYG is operative from 2/1/08 at all One stations between Liv St and
Seven Sisters / Tottenham Hale and Walthamstow Central.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7090.aspx

Also

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/5823.aspx
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...G-08-01-02.pdf

Using the TfL fare finder you can see what the PAYG fares are for NR
journeys. here is an example from Liv St to Stoke Newington.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...res=Show+fares

Unfortunately One's own website is still showing incorrect info.

http://www.onerailway.com/latest_inf...ort_for_london

HTH

--
Paul C

Old January 5th 08, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Chintz35 wrote:
On Nov 27 2007, 6:29 pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

[...]

The TfL 'Oyster on National Rail' map was revised (again) as of 02 Jan 08 -
might I suggest this is the current situation? Rectory Rd is shown as ok,
maybe there is a rolling programme to expand outwards towards zone 6? Agree
its odd there has been no new 'one' publicity, maybe they have had bigger
issues, last week, such as hte Liverpool St closure...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...G-08-01-02.pdf

Paul S

Old January 5th 08, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

The TfL 'Oyster on National Rail' map was revised (again) as of 02 Jan
08 - might I suggest this is the current situation? Rectory Rd is shown as
ok, maybe there is a rolling programme to expand outwards towards zone 6?
Agree its odd there has been no new 'one' publicity, maybe they have had
bigger issues, last week, such as hte Liverpool St closure...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...G-08-01-02.pdf

Paul S

I have seen nothing again about it. The little paper slips they had a while
back have all vanished and I've not seen anything since.