Old April 5th 11, 08:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 14:42:54 +0100
"Peter Masson" wrote:
Meanwhile the northbound M11 was closed for 15 hours after an accident.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-12968479
I don't know how long it took to release vehicles trapped behind the
accident. No doubt many passengers missed planes at Stansted.

Apart from the inconvenience, lost business, pollution and a host of
other problems it causes, thats a number of police tied up for 15 hours,
and
for what? So they can apportion blame, thats what. They're so desperate
to nick somebody they engage in this farcical behaviour. Its time the
home office stepped in and gave the chief constables a good slapping.

Uh, no. It's the Home Office who want the figures to show that someone has
been blamed for each incident.
By the way you tell it you'd be happy to ignore any chance of preventing
this happening again and let any possible guilty parties get away free. In
that case, why bother having police at all?

I do agree that 15 hours is rather long for a RTA investigation but I'm not
sure that many people were delayed for the airport. The crash happened
heading north away from Stansted Airport. The southbound carriageway was
blocked for a while (by debris) but a path was cleared before long. In the
meantime I did hear that cars were permitted (directed, even) to turn around
and head back to the previous junction in either direction. Diversion routes
were put in place.

Old April 6th 11, 08:57 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 21:12:39 +0100
"Nick P" wrote:
By the way you tell it you'd be happy to ignore any chance of preventing
this happening again and let any possible guilty parties get away free. In
that case, why bother having police at all?

It doesn't take 15 hours to photograph the road, measure distances and
clear it. Witness statements can be taken after the road is cleared.

I do agree that 15 hours is rather long for a RTA investigation but I'm not
sure that many people were delayed for the airport. The crash happened

Well the airport isn't the only important destination for the M11. Its
the main route from london to cambridge amongst other things.

B2003