Old December 30th 03, 12:24 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default we'll all drown!!

"Depresion" wrote in message

"Oliver Keating" wrote in message

This really p****s me off about company cars, its such a wasteful policy

throw away cars that are 3 years old.

They are hardly thrown away, they are sold and form the back bone of the

2nd
hand car market.

Which is why I'll never buy a secondhand car.

I reckon company cars should have a minimum life cycle of 10 years,

maybe
20.

Yep I know of one! Company car 15 years old, never missed a service, now got
280,000 on the clock. Utterly reliable, bodywork terrific so why get rid of
it?. Renault 25, my Dad uses it. Now retiring to Spain will pay the company
a fiver and take it with him!

Old December 30th 03, 02:19 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

"Jon Porter" wrote in message

"Depresion" wrote in message

"Oliver Keating" wrote in message

This really p****s me off about company cars, its such a wasteful

policy
throw away cars that are 3 years old.

They are hardly thrown away, they are sold and form the back bone of the

2nd
hand car market.

Which is why I'll never buy a secondhand car.

I reckon company cars should have a minimum life cycle of 10 years,

maybe
20.

Yep I know of one! Company car 15 years old, never missed a service, now

got
280,000 on the clock. Utterly reliable, bodywork terrific so why get rid

of
it?. Renault 25, my Dad uses it. Now retiring to Spain will pay the

company
a fiver and take it with him!

Exactly my point. Maintain a car properly and it *will* last the mileage.