Old December 28th 03, 05:16 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Default London Underground travelcard?

Kat wrote:

In message , tosspot
writes

it really excites me when you talk undegroundy.

ROFL!
We really ought to have a brief encounter ;-)

Well, as long as he doesn't mind the gap, that is.

Old December 28th 03, 10:17 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 07:59:52 -0700, Miles
wrote:

Martin Rich wrote:

Are you sure that you need all 6 zones? Most of London's tourist
sights are in zones 1 and 2. If you only expect to make one journey
in a day before 0930 it may be better to buy a single fare for that,
then an off-peak travelcard for the rest of the day.

Thanks for the great info! Looks like we'll need 3, possibly 4 days
zone 1 and 2 but will need to purchase individual tickets to get to/from
heathrow. The 6 zone Visitors Card is $43USD. Doesn't sound like it
would really save us all that much over just buying the 1 day passes and
a couple individual tickets when we arrive at Heathrow.

You will probably be best to buy all-zone cards for the days you are
travelling to/from Heathrow and zone 1 and 2 cards for the other
day(s), but you've got the idea. If you can wait until after 0930 on
Mondays-Fridays before travelling by tube, then you should be able to
get your total outlay down to 2 days at £4.30 and 2 days at £5.30, a
total of £20.20 or about US$35

Martin
Old December 28th 03, 10:57 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Dave Newt" wrote in message
Kat wrote:

In message , tosspot
writes

it really excites me when you talk undegroundy.

ROFL!
We really ought to have a brief encounter ;-)

Well, as long as he doesn't mind the gap, that is.

All because she came from the wrong side of the tracks.

Old December 29th 03, 01:35 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Martin Rich wrote:

You will probably be best to buy all-zone cards for the days you are
travelling to/from Heathrow and zone 1 and 2 cards for the other
day(s), but you've got the idea. If you can wait until after 0930 on
Mondays-Fridays before travelling by tube, then you should be able to
get your total outlay down to 2 days at £4.30 and 2 days at £5.30, a
total of £20.20 or about US$35

Thanks! Decisions, decisions!

Old December 30th 03, 10:56 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, BigStu wrote:

"Dave Newt" wrote in message
Kat wrote:

In message , tosspot
writes

it really excites me when you talk undegroundy.

ROFL!
We really ought to have a brief encounter ;-)

Well, as long as he doesn't mind the gap, that is.

All because she came from the wrong side of the tracks.

i wish him luck - he should soon be moving right down inside the carriage,
if you catch my drift.

tom

--
information distribution, vox humana, deviation, handle, feed, l.g. **

Old December 30th 03, 11:18 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Dave Newt" wrote in message
Kat wrote:

In message , tosspot
writes

it really excites me when you talk undegroundy.

ROFL!
We really ought to have a brief encounter ;-)

Well, as long as he doesn't mind the gap, that is.

All because she came from the wrong side of the tracks.

i wish him luck - he should soon be moving right down inside the carriage,
if you catch my drift.

i prefer the bit between the carriages, a tad cold,
but essentially a nice rattling hoar chasm.

Old December 31st 03, 11:49 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

tosspot wrote:

i prefer the bit between the carriages, a tad cold,
but essentially a nice rattling hoar chasm.

Looks like somone needs to be the subject of a "rough shunt"!

Paul B

--
"Some day my ship will come in - and with
my luck I'll be at the airport!"

Old December 31st 03, 12:30 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Paul" wrote in message
tosspot wrote:

i prefer the bit between the carriages, a tad cold,
but essentially a nice rattling hoar chasm.

Looks like somone needs to be the subject of a "rough shunt"!

i'm up for it.
or rather will be when the pills from canada arrive.

Old December 31st 03, 12:33 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , tosspot
writes

"Paul" wrote in message
tosspot wrote:

i prefer the bit between the carriages, a tad cold,
but essentially a nice rattling hoar chasm.

Looks like somone needs to be the subject of a "rough shunt"!

i'm up for it.
or rather will be when the pills from canada arrive.

Didn't you visit Viagara Falls on your last trip?
--
Kat Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it.

Old December 31st 03, 12:37 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , tosspot
writes

"Paul" wrote in message
tosspot wrote:

i prefer the bit between the carriages, a tad cold,
but essentially a nice rattling hoar chasm.

Looks like somone needs to be the subject of a "rough shunt"!

i'm up for it.
or rather will be when the pills from canada arrive.

Didn't you visit Viagara Falls on your last trip?

they went without me.
i couldn't manage the crack of dawn assembly.