Old May 5th 11, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default Black cab highway code

On Wed, 4 May 2011 21:33:51 +0100
"Mr Pounder" wrote:
I was for 19 years.
Maybe you should try it sometime?

What for? I have a career, I don't need a blue collar job.

But maybe not, you have not got the guts.

Guts as in the 9 months pregnant beer belly that most of you lot seem to
sport? No, you're right, I don't have those sort of guts.

B2003

Old May 5th 11, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 4 May 2011 22:41:45 +0100
Tom Anderson wrote:
Boltar, i knew you were a dickhead, but i didn't realise you were a
dickhead who cross-posts to urd. That really is special. My hat is off to
you.

Don't take it off for too long, your brains might fall out.

B2003

Old May 5th 11, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 05 May 2011 01:17:58 +0100
JNugent wrote:
I got the impression from this exchange that Boltar and Nugent had never
crossed swords before. Am i imagining that? That would be incredible if it
was true - they're two of the main ****s on UK usenet, so i'd assume they'd
know each other well. Do they not have some sort of club, with a newsletter
and so on?

tom

The weirdest thing about your post is that you imagine it to be witty and
clever. You probably even imagine yourself to be witty and clever.

He's a utl lurker who's a bit over excited because he's just gone national
on urd. If I crossposted to nyc.transit too he'd probably require
resuscitation.

B2003

Old May 5th 11, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 05 May 2011 09:47:32 +0100
Bod wrote:
But maybe not, you have not got the guts.

Guts as in the 9 months pregnant beer belly that most of you lot seem to
sport? No, you're right, I don't have those sort of guts.

B2003

Got a six pack (not lager), have we? :-)

I wish No , just a normal sized stomach - one that doesn't arrive through
a doorway 10 seconds before the rest of me unlike most cabbies.

B2003

Old May 5th 11, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 04:07:26PM +0100, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2011\05\03 15:13, Mr. Benn wrote:
and for using their horns at
10 o'clock at night in residential areas.

I've never heard a taxi do that, but minicabs do that habitually despite
having no exemption.

Not round where I live they don't. But then, where I live, we have
mobile phones. Perhaps you live in some part of ruralistan which has no
functioning network.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an
endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary" -- H. L. Mencken
Old May 5th 11, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 09:10:21PM +0100, Mr Pounder wrote:
wrote in message
I'm guessing there isn't one. Or they're exempt. Otherwise how can a black
cab stop halfway across a signalled junction in the middle of the road, on
corner, on double red lines in central london, blocking the traffic behind
pick up a passenger and some plods in a van nearby do absolutely bugger
all?

Because it is a taxi and that is what taxis do?

He does have a point. Stopping half way across a signalled junction is
particularly inconsiderate of the driver, and it was also singularly
stupid of the passenger to be standing in the middle of a junction to
hail a cab, instead of standing at the side of one of the roads leading
to the junction.

Mind you, I also suspect that he has either made the story up entirely
or at least rather embellished it just so he can spew some ignorant hate.

Was the experience traumatic for you?
Were you all upset?
Did you **** in your pants?
Hot flush?
Get angry?
Wished you lived 250 miles north of the great ******** of London?
Wished you did not live in the great ******** of the south?

Which one?

You sure it was only one?

You can't spell AWESOME without ME!
Old May 5th 11, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 05 May 2011 12:20:34 +0100
David Cantrell wrote:
Mind you, I also suspect that he has either made the story up entirely

No, sorry. I'd come up with something rather more imaginative if I was
to do that.

or at least rather embellished it just so he can spew some ignorant hate.

Criticising cabbies is a liberal lefty hate crime now is it? Oh the irony!

B2003

Pedicabs: a public nuisance on the public highway Robin9 London Transport 13 December 26th 11 07:23 PM
The change in dialling code from 01 for London to 0171 & 0181 - Why t Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 1 November 19th 07 09:16 AM
Highway or the Myway? A new Code for light relief [email protected] London Transport 0 August 6th 06 11:07 PM
Bus 'Code Red' Stuart London Transport 6 March 18th 06 02:49 PM
Highway Code for Coach Drivers Joe London Transport 9 December 3rd 04 03:45 PM