Old May 9th 11, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default Black cab highway code

(Steve Firth) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

It could be worse, though: look at what GM's ownership did to Saab!

Fortunately they never sold the model that represented the lowest point
of GM's ownership of SAAB in the UK. That was the Subaru Impreza with
the SAAB bonnet. A realistic attempt at making the ugliest car in the
world event worse.

The "Saabaru" 9-2x was bad, but the "Trollblazer" 9-7x was even worse - a
Chevrolet Trailblazer with a Saab badge.

Old May 9th 11, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:

but the "Trollblazer" 9-7x was even worse - a
Chevrolet Trailblazer with a Saab badge.

I defer to sir's clearly superior knowledge of how low GM were willing
to take SAAB.

Googles

Barf.
Old May 9th 11, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

(Steve Firth) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

but the "Trollblazer" 9-7x was even worse - a Chevrolet Trailblazer
with a Saab badge.

I defer to sir's clearly superior knowledge of how low GM were willing
to take SAAB.

Googles

Barf.

GM were merely building on a tradition Saab had already established on
their tod.

Even the 9000/164/Croma/Thema wasn't the first such crime. Saab 600. Yes,
Six hundred.
Old May 10th 11, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On May 3, 2:56*pm, wrote:
I'm guessing there isn't one. Or they're exempt. Otherwise how can a black
cab stop halfway across a signalled junction in the middle of the road, on a
corner, on double red lines in central london, blocking the traffic behind to
pick up a passenger and some plods in a van nearby do absolutely bugger all?

B2003

Not just black cabs, taxi cars anywhere in the world are subject to
the same version: "Not The Highway Code"

Nkosi
Old May 28th 11, 09:44 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I'm guessing there isn't one. Or they're exempt. Otherwise how can a black
cab stop halfway across a signalled junction in the middle of the road, on a
corner, on double red lines in central london, blocking the traffic behind to
pick up a passenger and some plods in a van nearby do absolutely bugger all?

B2003
For the most part I'm well disposed towards hackney cab drivers. I admire their diligence in "doing the knowledge" and I recognise that occasionally they will inconvenience other road users through no fault of their own.

Nevertheless yesterday I saw a cab driver irritate and inconvenience people quite unnecessarily. I was driving down Highbury Station Road and as I approached the junction with Upper Street at Highbury Corner, a hackney cab stopped, not at the kerb, but across Highbury Station Road blocking vehicles from joining the traffic! It is this kind of pointless bloody-mindedness that makes many people take a strong dislike to hackney drivers in general.

Pedicabs: a public nuisance on the public highway Robin9 London Transport 13 December 26th 11 07:23 PM
The change in dialling code from 01 for London to 0171 & 0181 - Why t Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 1 November 19th 07 09:16 AM
Highway or the Myway? A new Code for light relief [email protected] London Transport 0 August 6th 06 11:07 PM
Bus 'Code Red' Stuart London Transport 6 March 18th 06 02:49 PM
Highway Code for Coach Drivers Joe London Transport 9 December 3rd 04 03:45 PM