Old December 31st 03, 02:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Victoria Station, Heathrow BA check-in?

Can anyone tell me if BA offers luggage check-in at Victoria Station for
flights departing from Heathrow? I have heard that they offer this
service for Gatwick but am not sure if the same is true for Heathrow.

Old December 31st 03, 03:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Forgot to ask a related question.

What is the easiest way to get from Heathrow to Victoria Station and
Vis-Versa? If I take the Piccadilly line from Heathrow I'll need to
transfer to the District line. Which station is the best to do that
considering I'll have some luggage?

I'll be leaving London/Heathrow on a sunday at around 1pm from terminal
4. How long should I plan for travel time from Victoria, check-in,
customs (international flight) etc.?

Old December 31st 03, 03:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Miles wrote the following in:

Forgot to ask a related question.

What is the easiest way to get from Heathrow to Victoria Station
and Vis-Versa? If I take the Piccadilly line from Heathrow I'll
need to transfer to the District line. Which station is the best
to do that considering I'll have some luggage?

Barons Court. It's fairly quiet and all you have to do is cross the
platform.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

"Handlebar catch and nipple."
Old December 31st 03, 07:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:41:43 -0700 Miles
said...

Can anyone tell me if BA offers luggage check-in at Victoria Station for
flights departing from Heathrow? I have heard that they offer this
service for Gatwick but am not sure if the same is true for Heathrow.

I doubt it. Checked in luggage would go down from Victoria on the Gatwick
Express trains. According to the BA web site check-in at Paddington (the
departure station for the Heathrow Express) has been discontinued.

--
Phil Richards
London, N4
Old December 31st 03, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article fxrIb.48318$J77.20327@fed1read07,
(Miles) wrote:

Can anyone tell me if BA offers luggage check-in at Victoria Station
for flights departing from Heathrow? I have heard that they offer this
service for Gatwick but am not sure if the same is true for Heathrow.

No chance. It's only offered at Victoria because of the direct Gatwick
Express train service.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old December 31st 03, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Can anyone tell me if BA offers luggage check-in at Victoria Station for
flights departing from Heathrow? I have heard that they offer this
service for Gatwick but am not sure if the same is true for Heathrow.

They don't (and wouldn't, as the Victoria check-in for Gatwick is part
of the Gatwick Express service). Some airlines offer check-in at
Paddington for Heathrow if you use Heathrow Express but not BA at
present.

In answer to your other question, change from District to Piccadilly
at either Barons Court or Hammersmith.

Martin
Old December 31st 03, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Martin Rich
writes

In answer to your other question, change from District to Piccadilly
at either Barons Court or Hammersmith.

And make sure you get on either an Ealing Broadway or Richmond train at
Victoria or you'll be changing at Earls Court too.
--
Kat "A world without string is chaos"

Old December 31st 03, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Can anyone tell me if BA offers luggage check-in at Victoria Station for
flights departing from Heathrow? I have heard that they offer this
service for Gatwick but am not sure if the same is true for Heathrow.

Victoria Station has never offered check-in for Heathrow.

Victoria used to offer check-in for Gatwick, but that closed down
around two years ago.
Old January 1st 04, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:08:04 -0700, Miles
wrote:

I'll be leaving London/Heathrow on a sunday at around 1pm from terminal
4. How long should I plan for travel time from Victoria, check-in,
customs (international flight) etc.?

Nobody's answered this bit yet. I suggest you aim to leave at 10am,
so you allow roughly an hour for the tube ride to the airport and 2
hours for check-in etc.

Martin
Old January 2nd 04, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Martin Rich wrote:

Nobody's answered this bit yet. I suggest you aim to leave at 10am,
so you allow roughly an hour for the tube ride to the airport and 2
hours for check-in etc.

Does the tube stop first at Heathrow's Terminal 4? Or do I have to
transfer to another tube from Terminal 1,2 or 3 across to Terminal 4?