Old June 27th 11, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kia Or!

*From:* Tom Anderson
*Date:* Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:59:26 +0100

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, Offramp wrote:

On Jun 24, 1:50*pm, "tim...." wrote:

As a cricket fan, I still haven't the faintest idea what a

"Brit" product
is, so it hasn't worked very well.

I am a cricket fan as well and I too have only a vague idea about
what
a Brit is.
I do not drive a car, so at first the Kia name went over my head
as
well. My first thought were indeed of Kia Ora, the cinema drink.

Cinema drink? What? All i know about it is that it's too orangey
for crows. I mentally conflate it with Capri Sun, which was
different, and came in foil packets like spacemen doubtless have.

tom

--
Crazy week so far, which at one point involved spewing down the
inside

My recollection of Kia Or from my visits to the pictures many, many years
ago was that it was in a semi-opaque plastic rectangular container with an
orange top that you poked a plastic straw through. Kia-Or, and the choc
ices formed the bulk of the contents of the usherettes tray at the
interval between the B and A movies, although I think they also had fags
in the evening shows. I seem to remember they also advertised Kia-Or and
the choc ices on the screen as well, together with the "local curry house"
(when the Taj Mahal etc. was still a rareity) advert.

I haven't been to the pictures for a very long while now, so I don't know
if they still sell Kia Or there.

Roger

Old June 27th 11, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

*From:*
*Date:* Mon, 27 Jun 2011 04:58:09 -0500

*From:* Tom Anderson
*Date:* Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:59:26 +0100

On Jun 24, 1:50*pm, "tim...." wrote:

[...]

I've just Googled and found the advert:
http://tinyurl.com/6awpyup

Roger
Old June 27th 11, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 24, 1:50*pm, "tim...." wrote:

[...]

Rather making the point I was about to make that it was Kia-Ora, not
Kia-Or.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old June 28th 11, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

*From:*
*Date:* Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:23:25 -0500

wrote:

[...]

I see that I put Or instead of Ora - that's what happens when you just
accept what the spell check says :-)

Roger
Old June 28th 11, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
() wrote:

I see that I put Or instead of Ora - that's what happens when you
just accept what the spell check says :-)

I don't call them spilling chukkas for nothing!

--
Colin Rosenstiel