Old July 3rd 11, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster timeout limits

Thinking of my travel plans this week I realise I don't know the maximum
journey times on Oyster, especially for Zones 1-2 and 1-3. Can anyone
point me to the information by the morning, please?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old July 4th 11, 03:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Do I need to find a pink validator somewhere and if so where would be
best? Highbury and Islington?

The pink readers would only affect your time limit if it affected the route of
your journey.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14871.aspx

Old July 4th 11, 04:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Sun, 3 Jul
2011 19:11:31 in uk.transport.london,
writes
In article ,
() wrote:

Thinking of my travel plans this week I realise I don't know the
maximum journey times on Oyster, especially for Zones 1-2 and 1-3.
Can anyone point me to the information by the morning, please?

To amplify my question, I'm thinking of Kings Cross St Pancras to
Whitechapel, Whitechapel to Highbury and Islington, Highbury and Islington
to Clapham Junction via Willesden Junction and Clapham Junction to Putney.
The TfL journey planner reckons that takes just under two hours.

Will an Oyster timeout cause me a problem?

Do I need to find a pink validator somewhere and if so where would be
best? Highbury and Islington?

Maximum journey times is at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14872.aspx.
It looks to me as if your peregrination is Within zones 1 - 2 100.
It seems you need to break your journey into two.
A simple touch out, followed by an immediate touch in, is USUALLY
effective. Occasionally, the equivalent of an OSI is applied and all
bets are off. It always happens at King's Cross St Pancras aka King's
Cross St.Pancras and I have seen it sometimes happen at London Bridge.
(I failed to get a satisfactory explanation from the Oyster Helpline for
inconsistent behaviour at London Bridge.)
--
Walter Briscoe
Old July 4th 11, 08:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

() wrote:

[...]

Thanks for this. I wonder which is best of Whitechapel or Highbury &
Islington for a touch out and in? Neither seem to be on the OSI list. The
trouble is that will make two fares instead of one, £1.25 plus £1.25 as
long as I touch a pink validator to show I've avoided zone 1 on the second
leg. SO I need to exit at Whitechapel and find a pink validator at
Highbury or Willesden Junction. If I can do it in one leg it costs £1.90.

An off peak return to zone 2 from Cambridge is £24.10, £3.95 more than the
London Terminals fare.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old July 4th 11, 08:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Robert Neville) wrote:

wrote:

Do I need to find a pink validator somewhere and if so where would be
best? Highbury and Islington?

The pink readers would only affect your time limit if it affected the
route of your journey.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14871.aspx

Thanks. I was wrong. I thought the route included zone 3. ISTR an artifice
to keep fare levels up on the NLL. Wasn't Hampstead Heath in zone 3 at one
time?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old July 4th 11, 10:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 3 July, 23:35, wrote:
Thinking of my travel plans this week I realise I don't know the maximum
journey times on Oyster, especially for Zones 1-2 and 1-3. Can anyone
point me to the information by the morning, please?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

If you are going to travel around a bit in London the one day
travelcard would be the better option