Old August 16th 11, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Black door at Marble Arch Tube Station

In message , Brian Watson
writes
There's an old piano and a big bass drum behind...

Oh no, sorry, That's behind the GREEN door.

I remember that from the 60s, oh now I'm showing my age, but then again
so are you.
--
Clive

Old August 16th 11, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2011\08\16 14:25, Clive wrote:
In message , Brian Watson
writes
There's an old piano and a big bass drum behind...

Oh no, sorry, That's behind the GREEN door.

I remember that from the 60s, oh now I'm showing my age, but then again
so are you.

How bizarre is this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4jN-VFv1U
Old August 16th 11, 07:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive" wrote in message
In message , Brian Watson
writes
There's an old piano and a big bass drum behind...

Oh no, sorry, That's behind the GREEN door.

I remember that from the 60s, oh now I'm showing my age, but then again so
are you.
--
Clive

'Tis true.

I remember the Frankie Vaughn version as well as the Shakin' Stevens, ahem,
"reboot" (as I believe the young people refer to re-recordings these days).
--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

Old August 16th 11, 07:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 2011\08\16 14:25, Clive wrote:
In message , Brian Watson
writes
There's an old piano and a big bass drum behind...

Oh no, sorry, That's behind the GREEN door.

I remember that from the 60s, oh now I'm showing my age, but then again
so are you.

How bizarre is this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4jN-VFv1U

Plainly recorded using the Captain Beefheart technique of "each contributor
in a room of their own with no idea what anyone else is contributing."

Except Captain Beefheart made good music that way.
--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

Old August 17th 11, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

Richmond?

LOL!

Ian

Old November 9th 11, 06:35 PM
Junior Member

Smile

Hi,

First message here. i actually worked on the upgrade project at marble arch.

i believe this is on the eastbound platform, if you go near the head wall. there is a new metal door before all the (E switch rooms). this leads to the old exit for the station. and now is a disused vent shaft. but in that disused area there is a red door, which you can go through, then down some stairs in to the old pump rooms. and there is a little corridor with a work bench and the door is at the end of it... sorry to say no ghosts lol