Old January 13th 04, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default My Oystercard works!

Thats great
Congratulations
Now you and your friends are voluntarily taking part in the
governments biggest experiment. You have the predecessor to ID cards.
LUL know exactly where you are as the cards are wireless radio
devices. So next time you pop to the shops remember who is
watching....

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message .. .
"J. Public" wrote in message
Are these special short hop fare rules published anywhere?

Only on the fare charts for the stations concerned.

Had a quick look today, and the fare on the chart says £2.

But of course, the fare chart would show the 2004 price, not the 2003 one!

Old January 13th 04, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:38:45 +0000, Dave Newt
wrote:

Pat Duffy wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:40:04 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Pat Duffy wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:26:14 +0000, Pat Duffy wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:46:06 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

Pat Duffy typed

I went from Fulham Broadway (Zone 2) to Old Street (Zone 1)
yesterday intending to change from the District to the Northern at
Bank/Monument. However the passageway was closed and there are
signs directing everyone to make this connection at street level.

Is that right? I thought people were being directed down the escalators to
the DLR and then up the stairs to the Northern Line. The only connection
that is closed is the escalator shaft to the Northern Line, which was
always signed only for that purpose from the District Line platforms.

Well maybe it was just a special weekend with extra work going on, but
on Friday evening, the exits at the ends of the district platforms
were closed, regular signs covered up, and temporary signs and staff
directing people upstairs, out the barriers, to the street. Then there
were signs along the street on the lampposts and so on. So it was not
a diversion they'd just thought of ten minutes earlier. It was
planned.

Yep - along the road outside was the route I had to go, on a weekday
evening in December.

Hooray ... the nice ticket man at Fulham gave me a refund today. He
said Old Street should have done it at the time. I still wonder about
the people who don't have time or the inclination to spot and sort
these problems out though. Can understand mishaps happening when
stations or passageways are closed at short notice but it's ridiculous
that LUL have missed the Bank/Monument closure when it's on for
months.

Old January 13th 04, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Pat Duffy" wrote in message

Hooray ... the nice ticket man at Fulham gave me a refund today. He
said Old Street should have done it at the time. I still wonder about
the people who don't have time or the inclination to spot and sort
these problems out though.

There's been a severe lack of training for staff regarding Oystercards, as
has been stated in various posts in this group. Was it the same person you
saw at Fulham Broadway who gave you the refund who had previously referred
you to the Oystercard helpdesk.

Can understand mishaps happening when
stations or passageways are closed at short notice but it's ridiculous
that LUL have missed the Bank/Monument closure when it's on for
months.

The joys of implementing a product before it is working properly!

Old January 15th 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:38:25 -0000, "Robin Mayes"
wrote:

"Pat Duffy" wrote in message
.. .

Hooray ... the nice ticket man at Fulham gave me a refund today. He
said Old Street should have done it at the time. I still wonder about
the people who don't have time or the inclination to spot and sort
these problems out though.

There's been a severe lack of training for staff regarding Oystercards, as
has been stated in various posts in this group. Was it the same person you
saw at Fulham Broadway who gave you the refund who had previously referred
you to the Oystercard helpdesk.

No, it was a different chap the 2nd time, and it was a morning
(11.30am) as opposed to the afternoon (4pm) slot that previous visits
had been in. Maybe they only trained one shift, because it was Fulham
Broadway that also told me that there was no such thing as Oyster
Prepay in mid December, a good week or two after it was announced by
TFL.

Old January 15th 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Pat Duffy typed

No, it was a different chap the 2nd time, and it was a morning
(11.30am) as opposed to the afternoon (4pm) slot that previous visits
had been in. Maybe they only trained one shift, because it was Fulham
Broadway that also told me that there was no such thing as Oyster
Prepay in mid December, a good week or two after it was announced by
TFL.

That's about when I was told at Burnt Oak to wait with applying for
Oyster Pre Pay until 4 January. That and the failure to issue me with
one on 4 January has cost me quite a few pennies :-(

I am still angry about the lack of staff training.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old January 16th 04, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default My Oystercard works! Training Issues

Staff training on oyster pre-pay was done a few months ago. Since then the
rules have changed and also the menu's on the machines. This plus the fare
revision plus holidays has meant there is a inconsistency in the individuals
knowleadge.

This actually happens every year during fare revision but usually settles
down after a few months.