Old August 19th 03, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Planned engineering works

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

30/31 Kings Cross CTRL works No service Baker Street to Aldgate
(Met) and no service Baker Street to Liverpool Street via Kings Cross
(Circle)

Neither this nor the other CTRL works closures mention the H&C. Do we
assume that it will also be suspended between Baker Street and Liverpool
Street?

Yes, the H&C will be suspended too.

Thanks for posting these. I was caught out last Saturday by the
reintroduced weekend Circle closures with next to no warnings at King's
Cross.

The posters from last time did mention that the engineering work would start
again in August. There are weekly engineering posters put up in every London
Undergound booking hall every week. Did you arrive at Kings Cross from the
mainline or from another line out of interest. Some of the train operators
who drive on other lines where interchange is possible (Baker St, Kings
Cross, Moorgate and Liverpool Street) almost seem to purposely 'forget' to
announce there is no service at times.

Old August 20th 03, 12:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Robin Mayes) wrote:

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

30/31 Kings Cross CTRL works No service Baker Street to
Aldgate (Met) and no service Baker Street to Liverpool Street via
Kings Cross (Circle)

Neither this nor the other CTRL works closures mention the H&C. Do we
assume that it will also be suspended between Baker Street and
Liverpool Street?

Yes, the H&C will be suspended too.

Thanks for posting these. I was caught out last Saturday by the
reintroduced weekend Circle closures with next to no warnings at
King's Cross.

The posters from last time did mention that the engineering work would
start again in August.

Yes, but I didn't recall when as I don't often travel at weekends. The
first Saturday in August when I came back from Cornwall the lines were
supposed to be working but in fact weren't due to separate failures at
High St and Hammersmith (H&C).

There are weekly engineering posters put up in
every London Undergound booking hall every week. Did you arrive at Kings
Cross from the mainline or from another line out of interest. Some of
the train operators who drive on other lines where interchange is
possible (Baker St, Kings Cross, Moorgate and Liverpool Street) almost
seem to purposely 'forget' to announce there is no service at times.

I arrived at the Cross from Cambridge on WAGN. I saw no posters on the
concourse nor on the Circle Line stairs on Euston Road.

--
Colin Rosenstiel