London Banter

-   -   Earl's Court escalators (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12257-earls-court-escalators.html)

Richard J.[_3_] September 18th 11 09:34 AM

Earl's Court escalators

d wrote on 16 September 2011 11:54:23 ...
On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:27:45 +0100
wrote:
I wonder why the lifts have been closed for so long? I had thought that
they were due to be back in service months ago.

That might have required somebody working hard. Unions don't allow it.

Apparently they do now. The Piccadilly Line has resumed stopping at
Earl's Court this morning. The escalator work was finished ahead of
schedule.
--
Richard J.