Old October 14th 11, 12:27 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default "Heathrow and Gatwick airports: Ministers mull rail link" (twixt

On Oct 14, 11:51*am, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 03:01:13 -0700 (PDT)

77002 wrote:
Actually even the people who arn't convinced about mans impact on the
climate accept that the planet has got warmer over the last century so
you're on your own with that one.

There are clear long term climate cycles. *We are now transitioning
into a cooling trend. *Hence the warmers now talk about "climate

Oh really? How come we've had some of the the hottest years on record in the
last few decades then? *How does that square with a cooling trend exactly?

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/fea...mest-year.html

We have just turned the corner from a warming period.

change". *It is about more funds for the liberal elite.

Oh riiight. Silly me, all those climate scientists, ecologists and campaigners
are all the liberal elite. Now it all makes sense.

Check out the leading promoter of this blx. Follow the money.

trousers on and stopped having so many damn kids. If there were only a
billion people on the planet it wouldn't matter a jot if we all drove aro=

und
in 5 litre V8s and left the lights on 24/7.

Hardly an issue in European countries.

Depends. There are plenty of chavs shooting out half a dozen kids still.

It happens. By and large the native populations in Western Europe
have a declining birth rate. France is a specific case in point.

Usually by an equal number of fathers. And thats before we get onto large
immigrant families.

Take a look at the birth rate of the "religion of peace".

Old October 14th 11, 12:53 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 05:27:53 -0700 (PDT)
77002 wrote:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/fea...mest-year.html

We have just turned the corner from a warming period.

Ah , so we've started on the cooler trend this very year have we?

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/

"The January - September worldwide land surface temperature was 0.80°C (1.44°F
) above the 20th century average - 7th warmest such period on record"

Perhaps you mean this week?

Oh riiight. Silly me, all those climate scientists, ecologists and campai=

gners
are all the liberal elite. Now it all makes sense.

Check out the leading promoter of this blx. Follow the money.

Thanks, but I'll follow the science if its all the same.

B2003

Old October 14th 11, 07:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default "Heathrow and Gatwick airports: Ministers mull rail link" (twixt the two)

"Bruce" wrote in message
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:41:35 on
Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Bruce remarked:
The proposal for a second runway is a little over 1km to the south of
the existing one, with the new (third) terminal between the runways.

There is no proposal for a second runway. Legally, there can be no
such proposal until 2019.

There has been a proposal since at least 2005 (I've been quoting from
the BAA documents). No doubt the new owners considered such proposals
before buying - it would be an insane leap in the dark not to.

What they can't do is *start building* until 2019. I originally thought
they couldn't apply for planning permission until 2019, but it's not
even that.

That is what I thought too. I researched it in some detail in the
1990s as I lived in an area of Sussex that already had quite a lot of
aircraft noise and would have had more if the changes had gone ahead.

It was quite clear at that time that a second runway could not even be
considered before 2019. I wonder when that changed,

If not before, it will have changed when BAA was privatised as there is no
way that you could force a company to abide by such a rule

tim

Old October 14th 11, 08:04 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 19:34:22 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
Oh really? How come we've had some of the the hottest years on record in the
last few decades then? How does that square with a cooling trend exactly?

IIRC we are midway along a warming-cooling curve, ie at the warmest
point so it should be getting cooler from now on. Trouble is it is a
42000 year cycle so it will be 10000 years or so before we notice.

Presumably most of that 42000 cycle is cooling then given how quickly the
warming happened in the last 200 years because if it cooled as fast we'll
be at absolute zero long before the end of the cycle.

B2003