Old December 2nd 11, 02:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Decision on Croxley Rail Link due 'in next two weeks'

Decision on Croxley Rail Link 'due in next two weeks'

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/new...ks_/?cmpid=cmt

From eWatford Observer
Thursday 1st December 2011

By Chris Hewett »

Politicians are engaged in last-minute lobbying as a decision on the
long-awaited Croxley Rail Link draws nearer.

Members of Hertfordshire County Council’s executive committee this
week agreed to enter a final plea to the Secretary of State for
Transport, calling on the government department to provide funding for
the development.

A verdict on the £119million project is expected in the coming
fortnight, with the county authority’s bid forming part of last-ditch
efforts by politicians to give the application every chance of
success.

Watford Mayor Dorothy Thornhill said: “It is about putting pressure on
the relevant authorities. We’re all doing our bit, myself and the MP
included. We’re all pulling our particular strings to try and make
sure we get the bid.

“We’re feeling mildly anxious - if you were to put your hat on it you
would say we should get it but we will all be gutted if it is not
given permission.

“It really depends how many projects the Treasury is willing to fund.
We’re on the list and it is just a case of waiting now.”

The large-scale development has been backed by senior politicians,
including Watford’s MP Richard Harrington, as well as members of the
town’s chamber of commerce.

Architectural designs unveiled last month revealed the enormous scale
of the transport project.

Most strikingly, a huge viaduct and embankment would be built linking
Croxley Station on the Metropolitan Line with a currently disused
track between Croxley Green and Watford High Street overground
station.

New destinations at Ascot Road and Watford General Hospital would also
be built allowing commuters to travel on the Met Line between Watford
Junction railway station and Croxley Green.

If the plans are given the go-ahead, Watford Council is expected to
contribute in the region of £1.25million in section 106 money, cash
paid to the authority by developers of building projects in the
borough.

………………………………………………………….
………………………………………………………….
John Burke
WRUG

Old December 2nd 11, 06:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Dec 2, 3:45*pm, burkey wrote:
Decision on Croxley Rail Link 'due in next two weeks'

Here's hoping this goes through OK. It's a brilliant project that will
do so much for opening up West Watford, let alone the regional
services it will enable from beyond Rickmansworth.
Old December 2nd 11, 09:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Dec 2, 3:45*pm, burkey wrote:
Decision on Croxley Rail Link 'due in next two weeks'

This is the decision to keep it on the back burner, right?

(That said, Watford does have a blue right hon. member and an orange
council/mayor.)
Old December 3rd 11, 05:54 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Dec 2, 7:54*pm, Jamie Thompson wrote:
On Dec 2, 3:45*pm, burkey wrote:

Decision on Croxley Rail Link 'due in next two weeks'

Here's hoping this goes through OK. It's a brilliant project that will
do so much for opening up West Watford, let alone the regional
services it will enable from beyond Rickmansworth.

Would love to see this happen. One wonders if the politicians are
capable of pulling themselves together on this one.

Old December 9th 11, 04:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Still in the committee stage. Google "Croxley white paper".