Old October 19th 11, 10:47 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail 2 being dreamed of.

Martin L wrote:

On Oct 19, 5:13*am, Michael Bell wrote:
From another group

Business lobby group London First today launched a working group of
business leaders, chaired by former transport secretary Andrew Adonis.
It will examine the case for building the Crossrail 2 rail link beneath
London.
http://m.nce.co.uk/8621314.article

Ah yes, "London FIRST". Before all others. The governtment's plan is
to build HS2's link to the north after Crossrail 1 is built, but that
can be pushed aside, this is London FIRST, I mean FIRST, to hell with
the rest, London FIRST, *before all others. I mean FIRST at the
trough.

What would we say if the slogan was "Redheads FIRST"?
What would we say if the slogan was "Left-footers FIRST"?
What would we say if the slogan was "Michael Bell FIRST"?

Is it not unbearable arrogance for any group or individual to claim a
right to be FIRST?

Indeed. What if somebody were to be so arrogant as to set up an
organisation called 'Middlesbrough First'?

Oh look, they already have: http://www.middlesbroughfirst.org/

"Our Main Objective is to get Middlesbrough off the bottom of the list
for worst places to be."

Presumably their goal is to push it to the top of the list for worst
places to be...

I'd imagine that the very existence of this body will have all true
Londoners quaking in their boats / incandescent with rage / choking on
their pie and mash / posting rubbish to newsgroups...

Are you sure it isn't called "Middlesbrough FIRST"?

I mean, just to add a little emphasis?