Old December 5th 03, 12:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oystercard 'price capping' not being introduced at fares revision

It is now offical that Oystercards won't have the 'price capping' until
Spring / Summer 2004.

Old December 5th 03, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5/12/03 12:27 am, in article ,
"Robin Mayes" wrote:

It is now offical that Oystercards won't have the 'price capping' until
Spring / Summer 2004.

Who sez?

--
Steve.

Old December 5th 03, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Steve
writes
On 5/12/03 12:27 am, in article ,
"Robin Mayes" wrote:

It is now offical that Oystercards won't have the 'price capping' until
Spring / Summer 2004.

Who sez?

My information too.
--
Kat Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.

Old December 5th 03, 11:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve" wrote in message
On 5/12/03 12:27 am, in article

,
"Robin Mayes" wrote:

It is now offical that Oystercards won't have the 'price capping' until
Spring / Summer 2004.

Who sez?

T/C 49/03

Old December 6th 03, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

As I posted in an earlier thread, this is daft. I understand the need to
roll-out the system gradually, as has been the case with oyster season tickets,
in order to deal with bugs as they arise. But they should not introduce
pre-pay until the system is ready for full implementation. I don't see much
point in buying a pre-pay with this 'interim' system.

Doing it this way will just confuse customers and make life more difficult for
staff.

Old December 6th 03, 05:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"umpston" wrote in message
As I posted in an earlier thread, this is daft. I understand the need to
roll-out the system gradually, as has been the case with oyster season

tickets,
in order to deal with bugs as they arise. But they should not introduce
pre-pay until the system is ready for full implementation. I don't see

much
point in buying a pre-pay with this 'interim' system.

Agreed

Doing it this way will just confuse customers and make life more difficult

for
staff.

Agreed! The training and backup has been woefully inadequate as there are
already many problems being encountered that front-line staff can't deal
with and have to refer the customer to the Oystercard helpdesk which appears
to have resourcing problems. I have raised these problems with my local
management and will be bringing it up at the next forum on 12th December.

Old December 11th 03, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message ...
"umpston" wrote in message
As I posted in an earlier thread, this is daft. I understand the need to
roll-out the system gradually, as has been the case with oyster season

tickets,
in order to deal with bugs as they arise. But they should not introduce
pre-pay until the system is ready for full implementation. I don't see

much
point in buying a pre-pay with this 'interim' system.

I think they should forget capping for now, and let you load one-day
and weekend LT cards and travelcards onto your oystercard.
Old December 12th 03, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Having just attended pre-pay and smartcard training,I can confirm that
price capping will not be available due to a problem with the software.
So all customers that intend to make multiple journeys on LUL after Jan 4th
should be advised to buy 1day travelcards.
The full rollout of oyster will not be complete until Feb 28th nee march.
om...

Old December 12th 03, 01:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Chris
writes
Having just attended pre-pay and smartcard training,I can confirm that
price capping will not be available due to a problem with the software.
So all customers that intend to make multiple journeys on LUL after Jan 4th
should be advised to buy 1day travelcards.
The full rollout of oyster will not be complete until Feb 28th nee march.

Can anyone confirm what I would end up paying (via Oyster prepay) in the
following cases from Jan the 4th and also once they get the software
problems sorted. I only make these journeys 2 or 3 times a week so a
weekly travel card is no good for me. At present I buy a daily LT Card
for 11.70 GBP

I have had a look at the website which tells me nothing as there are no
prices on there for zones 6 A-D and I have never had less then 12 people
ahead of me on the Oyster phone line so this group seems to be the best
way of getting reliable info.

1.Amersham to Oxford Circus (weekday morning peak) via Chiltern line to
Marylebone then Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus, bearing in mind that
there is no entrance to Marylebone underground at present so I would
enter the Bakerloo line at Baker St.

2.Amersham to Oxford Circus (weekday morning peak) via Met/Bakerloo line
(Would this be a single fare of 5.50 GBP?).

3.Return via either of these 2 routes in the evening (Weekday).

4. same return journey on both Saturday and Sunday which at present
costs me 10 GBP for a weekend travel card.

Thanks.
Dave
--
Dave B
Old December 12th 03, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , daveb
writes
In message , Chris
writes
[...]

The new booklet, Fares For 2004, doesn't mention A - D either but
according to my initial information the single fare on Pre Pay (i.e..
the maximum from A - D) would be £5.50
--
Kat Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it.