Old November 25th 11, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Victoria Line Car Numbers

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:45:24 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:40:32 +0000
Charles Ellson wrote:
Why doesn't that susprise me - get paid more for doing lessÂ.

Like bosses sitting in the office while others do the sweating ?

Since when did a tube driver ever sweat? They sit on their arse all day and
push a couple of buttons for 45K. Yeah, tough job!

You are speaking from personal experience ?

Old November 27th 11, 02:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , Chris Read
writes
They were the first LU drivers to have responsibility for door
operation, I presume, hence the negotiation for a premium payment?
Or were there guards, originally, on the Vic?

The premium was paid because guards were done away with on the Vic. from
the outset.
--
Clive

Old November 28th 11, 10:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote in news:01ccaafd$03acb600
$LocalHost@default:

Theoretically an announcement and/or display could have been made on
the SWT train, on Vauxhall NR or on Vauxhall LT but since the last
didn't happen or was ineffective in changing behavior (since you got as
far as Pimlico) the chances of getting an effective message to those
outside TfL seems small.

In my experience, if there is disruption on the Victoria Line it is very
common for there to be an announcement on the platform at Vauxhall as
trains arrive, and there are also sometimes announcements on the trains.

It takes a good 5 minutes to get from a SWT train to the Underground at
Vauxhall, and probably several minutes for the control room to assess an
incident, to decide whether it merits an announcement and to pass the
information to whoever makes the announcement, so I think it is inevitable
that the flow of passengers can't be stopped instantly.

Peter CS

Old November 28th 11, 11:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The delay caused by the sensitive edge doors appears disproportionate to
the
benefit. The Victoria line used to be ultra reliable. Now it's just a
shambles.

John

Completely agree!!!

It happens so often, I can hardly keep up with the claims

Even the "drivers" are getting the hump with it all now, judging by some of
the comments I've heard in announcements

Old December 5th 11, 06:47 AM
Junior Member

It's not exactly a conversation, but it will help you to "think" in Chinese. For instance, if you walk along a line of parked cars, say the number on each car quickly as you can pass it. Test yourself, to see how fast you can walk and still can say each number. But don't speak too loud!